What's new

Best Buy Bonus disc for Enterprise season 2? (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Ric, season two at Best Buy will contain a bonus disc containing the featurette "Shooting Future Tense" -- but you might not receive it if you order from their website. You need to buy it in store.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Will: I'm not doubting you...but I'm not seeing any mention of a bonus disc on Best Buy's Sunday flyer. That's odd.

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator
Future Shop (best buy north) here in Canada is showing that bonus disc as well.
Ric let me know if you don't find it. I hope I will.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
The bonus disc is mentioned in the online listing at BestBuy.com:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

Order the 7-disc Star Trek: Enterprise (Season 2) and we'll include a bonus DVD featurette "Shooting 'Future Tense'."

This bonus content provides a unique behind-the-scenes look at several scenes from one day's filming. It shows the cast rehearsing on the bridge and other sets, as well as the director of photography Marvin Rush prepping a difficult shoot.

Star Trek: Enterprise (The Complete Second Season)
Release date: 7/26/05

Set in the 22nd century, a hundred years before James T. Kirk helmed the famous starship of the same name, Enterprise takes place in an era when interstellar travel is still in its infancy.

Captain Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula) has assembled a crew of brave explorers to chart the galaxy on a revolutionary spacecraft: Enterprise NX-01.

As the first human beings to venture into deep space, these pioneers will experience the wonder and mystery of the final frontier as they seek out new life and new civilizations.

Bonus DVD available with purchase while supplies last. Bonus discs are for promotional purposes only. Not for individual sale. Bonus features are not rated.

Star Trek™ and related marks are trademarks of Paramount Pictures. All rights reserved. ™, ® & Copyright © 2005 by Paramount Pictures. All rights reserved.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks folks! For the first time I'm really debating if I'm going to bother with this. If I can get the set for 15 bucks cheaper at BJ's, it hardly seems worth it to go for that extra disc. Must fight the urge to be a completist!

Ric

John*D

Second Unit
I still refuse to buy any ST tv sets b/c of the stupid price.

If the prices were about $50 for the SRP, I'd start buying TNG, VOYAGER, and ENTERPRISE.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I think once the set are all released we'll see a price reduction on them much like the X Files Set It will pay off to wait.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Quick shout-out to Scott Kimball: Hey good buddy, where's the ENT S2 review? Looking forward to reading it soon! :)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I would imagine the quality of S2 will be what S1 was. I'm going to Pass on S2 and S3, I liked the Show but the Quality was'nt up to the Price they are asking. I will Probably spring for the Superior S4. I would Imagine Paramount will Price Drop these some day like Fox Did for X Files. Can't Justify the money when I can get 4 TV Box sets for the Price of 1.

TroyMM

Grip
In Canada, Future Shop (Best Buys cousin) has ST:TOS and ST:TNG on sale for $99.99 CAD (regular $160 CAD), the online stores (amazon.ca and dvdsoon.ca) normally sell them for ~$130.

I got excited and almost bought season 1, then realized it is still double the cost of other series that I buy, so I passed. I will wait for Paramount to drop the prices, I won't pay more than $75 CAD for these.

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't purchased a Bonus Disc from Best Buy before. I have a reward zone card. Do I need to do anything special? Where do I get the actual disc from?

Curious to hear other people's experiences.

cheers, Michael :)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
If it's packaged on the DVD, Michael, then you have to buy the whole set in order to get the bonus disc. That's been the case with all of the Star Trek DVD sets from BB. However, when the first three seasons of Seinfeld came out last year, the bonus disc was offered separately, so you could have gotten that one by itself and not as part of the season sets.

With most of the DS9 discs I've had to get them through eBay. The toughest one to get was the bonus disc from S4, every time I'd bid on it, I'd lose in the very end! Fortunately I was able to pick it up, so now I've got it in my collection.

Haven't bothered to get any of the TOS or VOY bonus discs, though I might pick up the discs for ENT S2-S4, if I can get them through eBay for a reasonable amount.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
BB's price for the X-Files has gone back up to $96.99 B&M and online. I'd love to see BB run a $49.99 sale on TNG, DS9 and Voyager, but I couldn't stand $1000 to complete the 3 series all at once.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

The BB X-Files sale only lasted a couple of weeks, but it was long enough to let me finish my collection. :D

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thought I'd jump back into the HTF, got my Enterprise S2 set tonight. Ric, I think you should get the set, complete it, and then you're done and won't regret it later.

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
As mentioned above, the Star Trek bonus discs from Best Buy have always been packaged with the item - earlier shrinkwrapped outside the pack, more recently inside. The outer wrapping will specify a bonus disc is enclosed. And Media Play stores generally have the bonus disc edition available too; that saves me a 20-minute-each-way trip locally. (Though I think Best Buy divested itself of the Musicland Group which includes MP, the good stock still appears. Just watch the prices, as always!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks