What's new

best bass movies or parts of movies for bass shakers (1 Viewer)

PaulDF

Second Unit
Are you guys calibrated when you listen to this stuff? Or do you turn it up hot to get your fixx?

bruin

Second Unit
i calibrated mine even...not hot. i actually lower the sub gain by 2 when playing aotc and u571 but not lotr in dts. ya i know, i'm a wuss...it's not my house yet and we don't have insulation!

Eric_Strickl

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my second pw-2200 last night and the first thing I watched was monsters inc. The cross-walk scene just about took my roof down!!!! Then again the bass all around in monster inc is amazing. The scene in pearl harbor when they show the ship flexing up after the bomb goes off inside almost got me evicted!!!

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Another vote for the car factory scene in Minority Report.
I find myself playing that scene just to impress my friends. Those guns,whatever they are called, rule.

Keir H

Second Unit
Another vote for Monster's Inc. when they blew up the sock. It's got a nice punch to that scene that hits me square in the back when it explodes for that quick moment. THat's a great test to guage if your sub or bass shakers are doing its job or not. Usually, I sit at the sweet spot when evaluating these types of scenes, but this time I sat off to the side of the display and to my suprise it felt like my SVS 22-31 walked over and punch me in the back from behind my chair! :D Its good to know bass is getting around the room well!

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Darla tapping on the fish tank in "Finding Nemo"
The submarine sliding off the shelf in "Finding Nemo"
"The Butterfly Effect"

aht3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Taylor
OK...if you want to shake your house. Play the scene from Superman returns when the lights went out in the basement. I frighten guests all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks