What's new

best bass movies or parts of movies for bass shakers (1 Viewer)

dan scorpio

Stunt Coordinator
for all of us bass shaker lovers, what is the best movie or scene in a movie for bass shakers?
my best is the avalanche scene in vertical limit(super bit)

Alan M

Second Unit
Hi Dan,
I think my favorite screen still,is the depth charge screen(15) in U-571.It really makes my shakers work.Blast after blast in a fast paced 3 minute period.Although the ship blast off screen at the end of red planet that you suggested is excellent also.
Havent gone back though all the dvd's that I own to experience them,but will do that soon also.
Happy shaking.

John H

Second Unit
Star Wars Episode I "The Pod Race" sequence Ch 20-22 and Episode II (Ch3 "Return to Coruscant", Ch42 "Yoda's Cavalry" Ch43 "Clone War" are some great demo scenes.

- May the tactile force be with you -

John

Dan Keliikoa

Stunt Coordinator
Episode II: Attack of the Clones has monstrous bass.

Also good for out-of-hand bass is "Event Horizon." Tons of 'space bass.'

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
the depth-charge scene of u571

the retelling of the epic battle, especially the part where sauron dies in lord of the rings - fellowship of the ring
also, the battle with the cave troll has some great bass as well

the matrix isn't neccesarily bassy, but a good sub will bring out some drum rolls you may never have heard before in the sparring match between neo and morpheus.

the very first transport in the one, now while I don't remember it being heavy in the bass. . . i do know that you get the jitters for a few minutes after seeing it :D

those are the only ones I can think of off hand. . . mostley because they are popular scenes for testing subs on review sites.

Pete Austin

Agent
My favorite bass demo movie is a little darkhorse that never gets mentioned called "Fight Club". If you've got a great system you owe it to yourself to crank this movie up and be wowed. Great bass throughout the movie. The only particular scenes I remember of the top of my head are the midair collision scene and chapter twenty-nine where they use the sphere sculpture to trash the coffee house, but trust me this movie has some huge bass to it. Just my two cents. Enjoy.

MichaelRS

Auditioning
Chapter 9 Sum of all fears, the bombing, Apocalypse Now,(original) chapters 7 & 8 the helicopter attack & the Napalm hit. Blade II, Chapter 10 the house of pain. heavy techno music. U571 one of my fav's. both new Star Wars Movies, not much in the story, buts lots of great special sound effects. Seems like a lot of new movies are putting more emphasis in the boom department. I love it, my wife hates it, she thinks I am trying to destroy all her knick knacks & vases, that keep falling off the shelves.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Let's not forget the power surge scene in Monsters, Inc. That was pretty darn good too, albeit not as long a scene as U-571.

Ronnie Ferrell

Second Unit
I don't have bass shakers, but the bass scenes I like are the ones you don't expect. Like last night, I jumped off the couch during the car factory chase scene in Minority Report when the dude fires the (sound wave???) gun at Tom Cuise . I forget what chapter number it is, but it starts with Tom running out of an alley and the other dude pulls up in a black car.

I also enjoyed the cross-walk scene in Monsters Inc. Nice effect!

LOTR- Balrog scene, and under the tree roots by the roadside, etc, etc...

The avalanche in xXx.

Blade II

Have not seen U-571, I need to rent it.

Ronnie

Christopher~O

Stunt Coordinator
The end of Fight club where he shoots himself
then again when the buildings are coming down.
These two scenes have my SVS moving the couch across the floor.

Martice

Screenwriter
These two scenes have my SVS moving the couch across the floor
Time to recalibrate the sub or get a new couch.

How so many fail to mention JP3 is beyond me.

The Haunting DTS is a must hear and must feel. The effects alone are worth the cost of the DVD.

Pearl Harbor is another one.

Across Enemy Lines - The tank attack scene and the mine field scene.

I second XXX and Titan A.E. along with the above mentioned movies as true reference tools to show off your subs low end capabilities.

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator
A GREAT scene is in LOTR...The Bridge of Khazad Dum. This is the scene Ronnie mentioned. It has explosive bass, rumbling bass, and bass that just plain makes my floor shake. I believe it's chapter 30.

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have bass shakers, but I love the roar of the Balrog in Lotr, on my DIY tempest sub. It was actually that exact part of LOTR that spurred me to upgrade from my HTIB after hearing it on a decent floorstanding Polk system. I didn't realize what I was missing until then...I wonder what I am missing now?

Tyler_B

Auditioning
I can't believe no one has mentioned "The Fifth Element" yet. It's been awhile since I saw it in the theater, but I remember nearly every part of the soundtrack was laden with earth-shaking bass :D I know the movie's a bit old, but it's still great. Maybe Ron could do a review of the DVD?

bruin

Second Unit
War movies like We Were Soldiers...whenever air support is called in...

submarine movies: K2- widowmaker, das boot, u571

JimCo

Auditioning
Love the car factory scene in 'Minority Report' that gun has some tremendous bass.

'U-571' is great, too.

Beginning of 'Attack of the Clones' as Padme's ship descends on Corsucant, then explodes, as well as the seismic charges during the chase through the asteroid field.

LOTR:FOTR, I prefer to start right as Pippin knocks the skeleton over into the well. The orc drums are my favorite, but followed by the Cave Troll, then the Balrog generates a great demo.

Episode 7 of 'Band of Brothers', 'The Breaking Point' is great, the shelling of Easy Company has some intense bass.

And if you receive HBO with 5.1 sound and get a chance to catch 'Live from Baghdad' (or when it comes to DVD) once the bombing of Baghdad begins, you'll think your neighborhood is being bombed...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks