What's new

Ben Stiller Show DVD Cancelled!!? (1 Viewer)

Jared Reich

Stunt Coordinator
I recieved this email today from playcentric:

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, the studio has cancelled the release
of the DVD BEN STILLER SHOW. We have therefore cancelled this item on your
behalf. A credit in the amount of $23.99 will be processed for you within the
next 48 hours. This refund should be on your next statement.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Have a great
night!

Sincerely,

Andrea Andrews
Customer Service Representative
PlayCentric.com

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I don't believe it was cancelled, just delayed until the fall.

And what are you doing ordering from a place that charges your credit card for a pre-order before the DVD ships?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
My guess is we see the set as soon as Stiller has a new theatrical release.

I bit disappointing, but not major. I will own it eventually!

BrianJau

Agent
I don't know what this means, but Amazon's Canadian site has the release date listed as October 21st. If you go to the regular Amazon site, it still says the release date is undecided, but amazon.ca has the Oct. 21st date (and it is a Region 1 release).

And Stiller does have a movie coming out on Sep. 26th, "Duplex". In fact, yesterday on Comedy Central they were running episodes of the Ben Stiller show to coincide with the movie's release. So it would only make sense for the DVDs to come out now.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Nothing up until now in Warner's press information system about a new date for this show in the USA. Note that the system I am referring to does NOT include Canadian releases, so Brian's idea of a Canada launch on 10/21 is not ruled out. However, I do have my doubts about that.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Kinda suprised that David or somebody else didn't report back with this:
Posted on http://tvshowsondvd.com on 9/23
For months fans of The Ben Stiller Show have been waiting and wondering where the heck their DVDs were. After being delayed at the last minute from a June 3rd launch, Warner has been relatively silent about the fate of this release.
Until now, that is!

"The funniest show you never saw" is now re-announced by Warner Brothers for a December 2nd street date. It seems to be the same release (the only difference from the previous spec sheet apparently is that they admit up front there are easter eggs hidden on-board). However, Warner has rewarded our patience by lowering the price a bit. Instead of the previously announced $34.98 list price, the new SRP is just $26.99!

The cover art and all other specs remain the same, based on the currently available information. This Emmy-award winning show will finally be yours to own, in time for the holidays!
The wait'll be well worth it when I watch "Die Hard 12."
"Didn't mean to PICK on you!"

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
That was my news item. Sorry, I had simply forgotten about this thread. I know, it didn't take long for that to happen. I can only plead that I was distracted that day by my son's 102° temperature. :frowning:

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
So this is still on for Dec 2nd right? Were full specs (commentary participants, what episodes) ever announced?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Have a look at the TV Shows on DVD listing. The site's much more reliable than any retail source.

Looking forward to this release. I've only seen maybe half of the episodes, but I DO remember laughing!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Scott, THANK YOU!

(erm, how much do I owe you for that? :laugh: )

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Okay, Steve, I didn't forget you! I just updated the listing at the link in Scott's post. It now has 100% of the information I can dig up from Warner with the details of the extras. I think you'll be pleased! And yes, it's still on track for 12/2. 2003. :)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Thanks David. I am a very faithful visitor to TVShowsOnDVD.com and checked the listing before I posted here. Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to this release as much as (and maybe a little more than) X2!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
It's a very good release. I've had it for awhile, but only made it through the first disc. Unfortnately I've had other stuff to get through, and the release date was so far away. The commentary tracks are a hoot. I'm not sure if this is public knowledge, but Ben Stiller was VERY involved in the set, calling the other cast members and asking them to be involved. He sounds like a really cool guy.

Hopefully I'll post a review this weekend.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks