What's new

Ben and Kate (Fox) - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
New show "Ben and Kate" starts tonight on Fox at 8:30p.m. EDT. Not sure if I'll like the show, but I'll give it a few episodes to see if it hooks me.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Watched about fifteen minutes of it. Got bored. Just wasn't that funny.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The sister, Kate, is cute, but not sure if having a F'd-up brother, Ben, as a lead character will be cloying and annoying, or will it turn into somewhat of a decent comedy.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun /t/324017/ben-and-kate-series-premiere-9-25-2012#post_3980294
The sister, Kate, is cute,

That's Don Johnson's (whatever happened to him?) and Melanie Griffith's daughter Dakota. From what I read, a fairly new actress with just a few bit parts under her belt. I thought it was OK. I'll give it a few more episodes.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Wasn't sure I'd like this (and seeing the cast list left me with big question marks). However, as the show progressed, it grew on me. There were a lot of quirky moments, as well as a little heart.
Definitely going to give it several more weeks.
David

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
The brother annoys me too much. I don't think I can keep watching this show with him as a main character.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've struggled to keep up with this show, but it's still just middle-of-the-road for me, but I still like the Kate character, but Ben is probably a character I'm never going to warm up to, so if it went away, I wouldn't totally mourn its demise.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Ben and Kate has shut down production. Not officially cancelled, but it doesn't look good. There are six episodes left. Fox plans to air all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks