What's new

Behold, the true power of the Gamecube (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Actually, Project Gotham is not a Turismo ripoff. I believe it is the sequel to Metropolis Street Racer which is nowhere close to being a sim-style racer. However, I feel that MSR is the best racing game ever. Great tracks, great cars, great graphics, and great gameplay.
BTW, I am buying a Gamecube on launch day. I would buy one just for Rogue Leader. :)
As far as Star Wars games go, Obi-Wan does not look nowhere near as good as Jedi Knight 2 for the PC.
-Dean-
------------------
Link Removed
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
So let me see if I've got this straight, Steven: By your definition, any game that contains any elements that were also contained in a previous game is automatically a "rip-off". So if Project Gotham contains cars, then it must be a ripoff of GT3, since that also contained cars. Well, I hate to break it to you, but GT3 is therefore a ripoff of Pole Position. Wow, there are going to be a lot of disappointed GT fans when THAT news breaks...
Oh, and that pretty little Rogue Squadron game? Stay away, man, it's a ripoff of Space Invaders!
Give me a break. Your comparisons show that you either don't know what you're talking about, or you didn't put a whole lot of thought into your post. If you want to argue that Gotham is too derivative of its predecessor MSR, okay, fine. I disagree with that, but at least I can respect that opinion. Saying it's a GT3 ripoff is just asinine.
And as far as your E3 link goes, go ask Sega what having the best E3 showing means to a console's future.
You want to criticize the Xbox's launch titles? Try putting a little thought into it if you want your opinion to be taken seriously...
rolleyes.gif

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Amped - SSX/1080 ripoff
Ego - Zelda ripoff
DoA3 - Tekken/Virtua Fighter ripoff
Mad Dash - Mario Kart/Sonic R ripoff
Malice - Mario 64 ripoff
Munch's Oddyssee - This is an original title. It is the third game in this series, yet I know absolutely NO ONE who owns either of the first two games.
Bloodwake - Twisted Metal on water
Gotham Racing - Gran Turismo ripoff
Halo - Tribes ripoff
Nightcaster - Zelda ripoff
NFL Fever - Madden ripoff
Cel Damage - Twisted Metal ripoff
Azurik - Zelda ripoff
Fusion Frenzy - Mario Party ripoff
He he!!
You're a bit more jaded than I am but I see your point.
I think the real problem with the initial batch of Xbox games is the same problem with the first 6 months of PS2 games: there are few (if any) true system sellers. Rogue Leader may not be the most original game ever made but you can be damn sure it's going to sell GameCubes.
While you or I may be individualy excited about a particular Xbox game you can be sure the general public (you know, those people who determine which system wins) don't have a clue about any of them. At the same time, they all know Star Wars.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Not only that, but they also know Mario, Luigi, Samus/Metroid, Zelda/Link, Pokemon, etc. Nintendo has established itself as a big first party developer, like Sega did. The launch games for the GCN aren't all system sellers, but they will probably release a great game ever month or two, which allows more time to make the games and then spaces out the amount of games released so that the GCN doesn't have one of those dead years like the N64 had.
Super Smash Brothers was a huge hit on the N64, Melee will probably do the same at launch.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
The thought of a new MSR (Project Gotham) is the only thing making me lust after an X-Box, but the stuff coming on Gamecube is my kind of stuff, it's won me on Rogue Leader alone, I'll be happy with the console imported from the US with that game alone for months, but the launch line up is incredible. Game wise, it's just my kind of console!
Dan (UK)

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
laugh.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Bro I hope you know we are just having fun with you :). I really do enjoy reading your posts. Even if I totally don't agree with them sometimes.
Dean
[Edited last by Dean Cooper on August 08, 2001 at 07:38 PM]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Are you referring to me as bro? I know you're just playing around. I got nuttin wrong with it. I like reading other people's posts even if they don't agree with me and vice versa. I try to get my information straight and give reasoning behind my opinions. I hope you all do the same.
Also, check out http://www.videogames.com and check out The Spot. On the second or third page is an e-mail I sent in (I signed it L11mbm) if anyone wants to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks