What's new

Before and after pics of my theater (1 Viewer)

ChrisPATT

Stunt Coordinator

Anthem AVM50
Rotel 1095
PureAV PF60

Denon 3910
Panasonic DMR-E95H
Toshiba HD-A2
Rhapsody N35
Directv HR20

Xbox 360
PS3

JVC DLA-RS1 1080p Projector
Stewart 110” Electric Screen

Paradigm Reference Studio 100s (L/R)
Paradigm Reference Studio CC (Center)
Paradigm Reference Studio 60s (Surround)
Paradigm Servo 15
Paradigm Seismic 12

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
You've got some nice power there going to your Paradigm Studio's, I'll bet they sound great. Your surrounds look like the studio 40's though.

Nice job!

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg

I use to have 40's in the back but they didn't fit in well with my new theater room so they found their way to ebay. I have the 60's as mains and I really miss the sound of the 40's! I really like your Rotel amplifier. How would you describe the sound...... I'm currently using a B&K receiver and love the way it sounds but I always feel like more power would make things sound even better.

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
Why not build out that wall and permanently mount the screen?

You might also consider painting some of that blinding white trim. Either way, it looks like a comfortable media room.

ChrisPATT

Stunt Coordinator
I initially wanted to get rid of the little wall that comes out, but it turned out it was there for a reason. Next option was to build another wall in front so I could have a fixed screen, but I decided I didn't want to lose sq ft - plus I didn't want the speakers in front of the screen. At least now the screen is out of the way when I am not using it.

Regarding the trim - I actually painted it white, so I think I will leave it alone for now. :)

BrianKR

Second Unit
Excellent room and awesome setup Chris!

Love the colors ;-) (mine our nearly identical)

Why both the Servo 15 and Seismic 12? Does one give you something the other doesn't or is it more of the best of both worlds?
Do you run both at the same time? If you had to choose between the 2 which would remain in your basement? I have both of those subs on my short list (along with the SVS PB Ultra 13) but I am leaning towards the Servo 15.

ChrisPATT

Stunt Coordinator
I have had the Servo for several years, and just purchased the Seismic. I thought that due to the size of the basement, it would be a good idea to have a second sub. I use them together, and the extra bass it very noticeable - however it is probably overkill. One reason for going with the Seismic as the second was due to the small size. I wanted to be able to put it anywhere in the room - possibly behind the couch. Can't do that with the Servo.

And while I haven't listened to the Seismic by itself, if I had to choose, I would go with the Servo. Even after several years, I am still completely impressed with it. I know a lot of folks around here are very pro SVS, but after hearing mine and an SVS, I liked the Servo much better.

Any working links to your theater pictures?

BrianKR

Second Unit

I let the places I stored pictures expire. I have some pictures stored on my old hard drive. I'll dig them up and fix the links ASAP.

That's good to hear about the Servo.
I need a sub for my gaming room which, like yours, is just off of my theater area. I have Paradigm v3 590 and 2 sets of 40's so I figured the S15 would be a perfect match. I am thinking about upgrading to the 100's and the newer model v4 center but I think it might be overkill when the area is mainly used for gaming and watching some hi def sports.

BrianKR

Second Unit
I transferred my old theater pics from one hard drive to the other. I uploaded a couple pictures to this site. I have since made quite a few changes to this room. I am currently remodeling the other side of my basement to make room for a weight training area or I would take newer pics of my theater and gaming rooms. When I get done my WR I am going to finally finish my theater once and for all (the only exception being upgrades to the hardware ;-))

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...es&pp=6&page=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks