1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

BEETLEJUICE SE? (merged thread)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Andy_MT, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Andy_MT

Andy_MT Well-Known Member

has anyone heard of any plans for a SE ? i could've sworn it was supposed to be surfacing sometime soon.

2. Antonio_M

Antonio_M Well-Known Member

As far as I know, I haven't heard any rumors or news about a Beetlejuice SE. [​IMG]

3. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Well-Known Member

Haven't heard of it, but I'd buy one. Anyone know who has the rights to this? Commentary with Tim Burton and Michael Keaton would be interesting...

4. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Well-Known Member

Its a Warner Bros film, so lets just pray that this isn't considered 'family' or we will get another SE thats worthless in comparison to the original release.

5. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Well-Known Member

Since when was a PG-13 film considered a "family" film?

6. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Well-Known Member

Is anybody else REALLY happy that they got Pee Wee's Big Adventure out before they started this P&S madness... that has to be the worst Open Matte transfer I have ever seen... personally, I hope that Tim Burton stops this from ever happening to Beetlejuice *scrambles out to buy Beetlejuice*
    ------------------
    Robert Lutter

7. Rob_C

Rob_C Well-Known Member

Beetlejuice was rated PG not PG-13. So it could possibly be listed as a family title, although I hope not.

8. Skoobooz

Skoobooz Well-Known Member

Jay
    Indeed it was rated PG (despite the wonderful line "Nice fuckin' model," which I believe may have been taken out of the recent "Warner Brothers Family" release on VHS). In any case, at last year's Studio Day, Warner Brothers stated that they would be working on a Beetlejuice special edition, in the same breath that they mentioned their Batman special edition. So, most likely, now that Tim Burton is done with Planet of the Apes, perhaps he will be working on these special editions. However, Beetlejuice is indeed under the Warner Brothers family department, which most likely means an open matte only transfer.

9. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Well-Known Member

I have NEVER seen it marketed as a family title. I think it's safe.

10. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Well-Known Member

Yeah this is one title that jus may be slightly too much for the 7 and under crowd. I must say the current dvd even though it lacks extras the transfer and 5.1 are terrific. So if your holding out for the potential SE, i'd say go ahead and pick it up, you can prolly find a good deal on it.

11. Brett Cameron

Brett Cameron Well-Known Member

Warner does consider this a family title. I heard the last VHS release in the family clamshell packaging was the TV version with all the profanity dubbed over and the "Nice f*cken model" line cut out. If they do make a special edition hopefully Burton demands it will be widescreen and not edited.

12. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Well-Known Member

Am I the only one frustrated that we haven't seen a Special Edition of this movie released to date; wasn't it suggested that something was cooking last year at WB's chat?

I really, really want an upgrade...

(and the animated series too)

13. Matthew Marino

Matthew Marino Well-Known Member

You're not the only one Marco. I refuse to buy the current disc and once I get the new Batman discs my Burton collection will be complete....minus Beetlejuice of course.

14. Tim_Stack

Tim_Stack Well-Known Member

I'd get an SE of the REAL Beetlejuice...the one on Howard Stern show...if you've ever seen or heard him, you'd never forget.

15. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    I've had the dvd for a couple of years now and I don't remember that line about "nice f___in model." What scene does it occur in?

16. David Williams

David Williams Well-Known Member

17. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Yeah, it sounds like something Beatlejuice would say.

18. todd s

todd s Well-Known Member

Just read the Warner transcript. It said that a Beetlejuice:SE was not being considered. [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Well-Known Member

I notice that Warner has slowly, but surely been "fixing" their earlier DVD titles with nicer editions with more extras and the sort.

I notice that most of Tim Burton's older movies have been remastered/reissued on DVD (besides Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, which the original edition was nice enough without needing a special edition) yet it's still the bare-bones edition of Beetlejuice hanging around the market. I keep putting off getting it on sale cheap because I assume very soon, a better version of it will come out. Forget Batman, Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood or Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Beetlejuice has always been my favorite Burton movie and I am looking forward to the day it gets a special edition that it deserves.

Anyone know if there's one at all in the cards? I know that Batman, Batman Returns and Edward Scissorhands were all just replaced with wonderful DVD editions, so I hope Beetlejuice is next.

P.S., I didn't realize a thread like this existed

20. DavidPla

DavidPla Well-Known Member

Michael Keaton recently mentioned in an interview that he's been in talks for "Beetlejuice 2" so I'm assuming that WB is waiting to see if that pans out and release a new SE of this film in lieu of the sequel coming out.