What's new

Beetlejuice 2-Disc 20th Anniversary Special Edition? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that would e good if more then a rumor, that website looks sketchy to me.

" Warner is preparing a new edition DVD Beetlejuice (or as he called on Spain: "Bitelchus") called "deluxe edition", imagine that the restored edition that exists right now is not very good and interesting extras (that old is peeled). Pero la buena noticia es ¡que también saldrá en Blu-ray ! But the good news is also running on the Blu-ray!"

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
How can this be a "deluxe" anniversary edition if it only includes three episodes of the animated TV series? Where are the deleted scenes, documentaries, commentaries, trailers, etc.? Very disappointed.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
So will Warner screw over fans again, like they did with "Poltergeist"? I hope not.

The WB has been slipping lately......

mike kaminski

Second Unit
Real Name
mike kaminski
Is that all? Some cartoons? This must be an incomplete list, because how does three cartoons entail a "special edition"? Burton's done commentries and the like before with Warner in their excellent Batman SE's, I was assuming this would be a similar package.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't care if it was just a new transfer with no new extras. The existing disc is like 11 years old and is one of the very first WB DVD releases so it looks awful now.

Now "Mars Attacks!" is the one that needs to be revisited.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Too bad Warner didn't put more effort in this. Well, at least in the bonus materials (I don't know what the video will look like). Actually, the old video transfer isn't that bad. The special effects sequences suffer from excessive grain (which is to be expected), but to my eyes (and I haven't watched this movie in a long, long time) that was the only problem. I don't think Warner will go all out with the transfer. It doesn't make sense that they would be willing to do a new high-definition tranfser, and then put some meager bonus material on it.
If the Mars Attacks! SE comes out (and that's a big 'if') I hope they will do better than this one.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well I'd hardly call this a "deluxe" edition if the only extras are 3 episodes from the cartoon series. Geez, not even a theatrical trailer from the sounds of it. Regardless, I've never owned the previous release so this is an obvious purchase for me. Add the fact that I loved the cartoon as a kid and would like to see it again. It's just a shame that this is the best we're gonna get for this movie. A real shame.

Beau

Supporting Actor
Don't know if I believe the episodes will be the ONLY special features. Would think that they'd at least get a Burton commentary on there. Though if even that's all there's gonna be can't say that I'm too excited enough to actually get it, Burton doesn't do that great of commentaries from the one's I've listened to. Though I'll wait for something more official before crying bloody murder.

Matthew H

Second Unit
Wow. VERY disappointed. I know this has been one of WB's most clamored for SEs. I would've expected a 2-disc SE treatment. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff they could have crammed on there.

I wasn't big on the cartoon.. it was ok as a kid, but eh. What a letdown.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
burton is probably too busy at the moment to do a commentary. isn't he working on a couple of movies?

Jacob

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Good enough for me.

I used to love the cartoon and remember the title of the episode 'Skeletons In The Closet' but am dubious as to how it would stand up today. To my younger self it seemed like a trip, but again time does wonders to one's perception of things.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
First The Road Warrior, then Poltergeist and now Beetlejuice is getting a lackluster treatment in terms of extras. I really hope more extras are announced. If not I'll still upgrade to the blu-ray version, but I won't rush out and buy it on release. I'll wait for a price drop.

Patrick H.

Second Unit
Yikes...the old version has the trailer and an isolated score track. I think that puts it about even with this one for extra material! I really hope there's more to this. The skimpy 'Poltergeist' reissue I could sort of rationalize, but c'mon!

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

Even if Burton's unavailable, it's not like Geena Davis and Michael Keaton don't have plenty of time. Or Winona Ryder, Catherine O'Hara and Jeffrey Jones for that matter.

Heck, Dick Cavett was in the film -- hire him to conduct some interviews and Warners could do four disc set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks