Senior HTF Member
I think a petition may be in order.
Im DYING to see
1. Burger World
2. No Laughing
3. The Butthead Experience "Play some Skynrd man!"
4. Naked Colony
5. True Crime "They should arrest those lesbians"
6. Buff N Stuff "Are you with me?"(B&B start banging their heads "Thats it,thats it!"
7. Foreign Exchange "Now I go wax dolphin for old times sake"
8. Sporting Goods
9. Trouble Urinating "Stop Stop" "huhh. I forgot how to stop"
10.Water Safety "Students, Im very disappointed.Do you require for me to teach you the correct recussitation precedure?" "uhh no!" "A marine can take anything, a marine can take anything!"
11. Final Judgement of Beavis "Beavis isnt dogfood food,huhh huhh hes wormfood"
12. Figure Drawing
13. Liar Liar
14. Choke
15. Dude A Reward
16. Take a Number
17. Tainted Meat
18. Beards
...so many more. I MISS THIS SHOW!! :frowning: :frowning: MTV needs to bring it back.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Brian, I don't know all of the eps by name, but I believe the first appearance of Cornholio was actually called "The Great Cornholio."

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
So many great episode (and memories).

When B&B was first getting huge, in the fall of 1993, I was a freshman in college.

Many evening at around 6 p.m. were spend by me and my buddies setting around just cracking up watching B&B.

3. The Butthead Experience "Play some Skynrd man!"
"Uhhh.... I heard Houston likes to rock...."

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Even though I want B&B on DVD with the music videos, I am thinking of buying the History of Beavis And Butthead since I haven't seen B&B episode(s) in years. This DVD has 32 episodes but without music videos.

What we need to remember is that the sales of History of Beavis And Butthead can influence future B&B DVD(s). If this DVD doesn't sell well then Paramount may believe that there is no interest in B&B on DVD. If this B&B DVD sells good then it could open the door to seeing B&B on DVD in season-by-season format with the music videos & uncut episodes.

Craig_T

Second Unit
www.timelife.com is also selling "The Best of Beavis & Butthead" (40+ episodes) on 3 DVDs for $30. I think they are all different episodes than the ones on the "History of" Paramount disc, but I'm not positive. Release date is Sept. 17th I used the coupon code TLSAF07 to get free overnight shipping. Not a bad deal.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Here are the episode listings for the Time-Life discs, as posted by bigjim25 at DVDTalk:
Innocence Lost / Chicks n' Stuff
"Held Back"
"Safe Driving"
"Figure Drawing"
"Stewart Moves Away"
"Nosebleed"
"Dumbasses Anonymous"
"Vaya con Cornholio"
"Friday Night"
"Naked Colony"
"1-900-Beavis"
"Party"
"Top O'The Mountain"
"Plastic Surgin"
"Pregnant Pause"
"Dream On"
Troubled Youth / Feel Our Pain
"Citizen's Arrest"
"Substitute"
"No Service"
"Impotence"
"Speech Therapy"
"Work is Death"
"Die, Fly, Die"
"Tainted Meat"
"Animation Sucks"
"Bad Dog"
"Tired"
"Bus Trip"
"Patsies"
"Choke"
"Blood Pressure"
"Lightening Strikes"
Butt-O-Ween / Beavis and Butt-Head Do Christmas
"Bungholio: Lord of the Harvest"
"Leave It to Beavis"
"Ding-Dong Ditch"
"Killing Time"
"The Pipe of Doom"
"Late Night with Butt-Head"
"Candy Sale"
"Huh Huh Humbug"
"It's a Miserable Life"
"Santa Butt-Head"
Christmas music videos

Craig_T

Second Unit
So it looks like there's no overlap at all. I hope both of these releases sell well so we get more episodes. There are still OVER 100 episodes left to release. It's not like MTV is ever going to show these again...they wouldn't want to interrupt the 79,538th Real World/Road Rules marathon of crap.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
So it looks like there's no overlap at all. I hope both of these releases sell well so we get more episodes. There are still OVER 100 episodes left to release. It's not like MTV is ever going to show these again...they wouldn't want to interrupt the 79,538th Real World/Road Rules marathon of crap.
I also want the B&B DVD's to sell well so that we can get more episodes (maybe even in season-by-season format. I but do agree that MTV will probaly never show any B&B episodes again on TV. MTV hasn't shown B&B episodes since 1999.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I used the coupon code TLSAF07 to get free overnight shipping. Not a bad deal.
Is that cheaper than using code TLSAF36 to get 20% off?

In any case, is it absolutely definite that there's no overlap between this and the History of.. set?

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I see..I didn't realize shipping was so high.

For what it's worth ($7.50, actually), CF25B2 is for 25%off.

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
I havent seen B&B in years!!!

I am looking forward to this.
I am shocked that TV guide voted Beavis and Butt-Head the 4th best animated characters ever!! (right behind Bugs Bunny, Homer, and Rocky and Bullwinkle)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I think it's going to come down to the shorts without the video segments or nothing at all. There's no way that Paramount is going to be able to license all of the music videos. It just isn't going to happen. It would be too expensive and time consuming for the amount of potential copy sales we're looking at. I know it sucks, but there's nothing to be done about it. No use shooting ourselves in the collective foot over the videos.

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
Just wanted to say "thank you" to Craig_T for mentioning the Time Life discs. I didn't even know about them until this topic.

Also thanks to Marvin for the 25% off coupon.

"That was cool
when we killed that frog
It won't croak again"

Tom Foley

Stunt Coordinator
Also wanted to say thanks for the news and the coupon, and to top this thread again for those who may not have heard of the Time/Life offer (like me). I just put in my order.

To me, the TL set is almost more valuable than the Paramount set. On top of there being more eps, the TL set has more of the later and (IMHO) funnier eps. "Nosebleed" is worth the price of admission alone! It was so funny I'm laughing hysterically just thinking about it!

Watch these sets do well, and then Paramount comes out with complete, chronological sets in a few months. Just watch!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I know this will sound like sour grapes, and that's okay because maybe it is, but I had discovered this set earlier in the week and was gathering info about it to post as a news item on TVShowsOnDVD. I got the same list of shows that are posted in this forum already, and so I have sent Gord the news item I wrote late last night (too late to post), and he'll get it up after he gets home from work tonight. This thread has pretty much covered the highlights, but I hope I have a slightly (very slight) fresh angle on it in the way of comparing to the other releases.

I won't jump the gun here, though...let's wait for Gord to post it.

Also keep an eye out for some news on other titles that will be posted tonight as well. Thanks,

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator
No videos?!?!? I mean, COME ON... how much would it really cost to liscense a Winger video these days :D :D :D
Ah well, it's too bad they couldn't just get a couple of videos to throw on there.
My favorite video of the series, and god I wish I could remember the band and/or the song, was this one where neither neither Beavis nor Butthead pay the video one bit of attention and just talk about finding (and stealing, of course) magazines at a doctor's office. Then, at the very end of the video, Butthead lets out a "Uuuuuhhh, what are we watching?" with Beavis responding: "Oh, this. Nothing." *channel change*
I was rolling!!

Felicia J

Agent
Favorite video gems:

Over video for "The Devil Went Down to Georgia": Is this supposed to be Satan? I've seen better Satans in a Mr. Big video.

Over U2's "One," when the buffalo go over the cliff: He he, he he. That's a really big dog!

Over Johnny Cash's "Delia's Gone": Is this gagsta rap?

And my favorite line (I think the song was "See You in Hell"): Back! In the name of all that which does not suck!

Karl L

Agent
Will this Time Life set be available for purchase at b&m stores? I just called and the operator wasn't 100% sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks