What's new

Beauty and the Beast, no shrink wrap for the cardboard cover box!! (1 Viewer)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I purchased my copy at Best Buy because I was able to get an additional $5.00 off by also purchasing The Muppet Chrismas Carol, which even though it wasn't in it's OAR, my wife desparately wanted it, and I did sell her VHS when I got rid of the VCR. :)
Anyway, I had no problem removing Best Buy's price tag. I decided to leave the other two stickers on the packaging, as I assumed they were "part" of it. I did, however, try and remove the clear, circular sticker that attached cardboard packaging to the keepcase. When I did, some of the glossy finish came off with it, so I tried to carefully put it back on and fold the top part of the sticker over and attach it to the inside back.
I did find it odd that they didn't bother to shrink wrap it. I'm guessing that this cardbaord packaging was an attention getting marketing decision made late in the game.
Honestly, I'd prefer to have just the simple keepcase without the cardboard packaing to obsess over. Threads like these make it painfully clear how anal I am. :frowning: lol!

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Am I the only one that the shrink wrap on the keepcase was totally messed up? Seems like EVERY dvd was like this at FutureShop. There is not Disney logos or anything on the shrink, I'm wondering if they re-wrap them there.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
James,

Mine looked like an amature hand job as well. But everything was kosher inside so not complaining. Got it from Kmart.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
When I went into Best Buy yesterday to look for this title, I found absolutely nothing in the 'new releases' section. So then I went to the Disney section, and they only had 2 left. When I saw the lack of packaging, I went 'whaaat?' I first walked away and decided not to buy it because there was no plastic wrap. Then I figured that maybe this was intentional, since the inside disc case was wrapped. It certainly caught me off guard.
I'm all for using less plastic (how about getting rid of some of those stickers?) but this made me feel like I was buying something second-hand.

BTW, I know one thing for sure: Woody Allen will NOT be buying this. (unless he throws out the cardboard cover)

StevenA

Second Unit
I went to the register thinking, "Yes, I got a great condition box!!!" LO AND F**CKING BEHOLD THE CASHIER SCRAPES THE BOX AGAINST THE DE-SECURITY THING AND GETS SOME BLUISH GOO ALL OVER IT!!!
I feel your pain!

I panic every time I get to the checkout with my hand chosen disc that I spent 15 minutes selecting to get a perfect one, because I know 9 times out of ten the store clerk will handle my precious possession as though he/she was on a mission to destroy it before I can get it home!

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator
Am I the only one that the shrink wrap on the keepcase was totally messed up? Seems like EVERY dvd was like this at FutureShop. There is not Disney logos or anything on the shrink, I'm wondering if they re-wrap them there.
Future Shop generally slices the DVDs open, inserts their own inventory control taglet, then re-wraps them with packing tape (!). I've never heard of them actually re-wrapping an entire disc before, though, unless it was a return they didn't think they could get credit for from the distributor...

First off, I'm a bit angered it doesn't match the Snow White casing. Second, the cardboard looks lovely but is very easily damaged. I had to look through about 10 or so to find one where the cardboard wasn't bent or otherwise damaged. Third, and this is the worst, the keepcase was ALL messed up.

I've posted before stating my disgust with Disney releases and their poor conditioned keepcases. Most recently, Monsters, Inc. was the culprit. Every single copy (and there were hundreds) that I looked at between BB and Wal-Mart had the same disgusting disfigurement. In the past, Atlantis and Emperor's New Groove (2-disc versions) had poor cases as well.

I've decided that the outer cardboard casing for Beauty and the Beast is just a ploy by Disney to cover up their messy keepcases, keeping people like me who care about it from knowing about the damage until we've opened it at home. Shame, shame, shame on Disney.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I really could care less about the cardboard... I don't really consider it "part of the packaging" anyway... I mean, there is a keepcase with the thing... that's the true packaging.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Am I the only one annoyed at Disney for not making it an identical case to Snow White? I was hoping for a double case so all the Platinum titles would match.
I agree. Apparently it doesn't make sense to Disney to have DVD's in a Series match. Maybe we'll get Lion King in a snapper!

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I got mine at Wally World and it had the CD.
Sure it's not Walmart rather Kmart that that has the CD exclusive?

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I got mine at Sam's Club in a regular 'ol keep case.

I haven't seen the other packaging; is it just a keep case within a cardboard outer sleeve?

Jon,
Also baffled that it doesn't match Snow White

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Yeah Jon, it's just like yours but with a 'cardboard' glossy sleeve around the dvd keepcase. To protect it I suppose, but it looks really nice. I still think they should've made the actual keepcase match Snow White.

Eric Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Just purchased it from Costco.

it has an outer cardboard anti-theft sleeve and plastic to protect it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I got mine at Wally World and it had the CD.

Sure it's not Walmart rather Kmart that that has the CD exclusive?

huh?

what do you mean by that?
the extra cd sampler is only supposed to be kmart.

Users who are viewing this thread