1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty and the Beast: 1987 - Ron Perlman

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by ScottBrooks, Jul 25, 2004.

1. ScottBrooks

ScottBrooks New Member

I don't know about anyone else but I thought this was a good show back in the 80's. Anyone think it will ever come to DVD??

2. Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino Well-Known Member

I don't see requests for this show too often, unfortunately, so I don't see much hope for its release. Its one of the very few sci-fi/fantasy TV shows that were designed for a largely female audience. I'd love to see it on DVD, as I watched it regularly as a kid. I can't think of a better time for its release than now, as Ron Perlman has found some well-deserved cinema success with Hellboy.

3. Craig S

Craig S Premium
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    I'm really surprised this hasn't shown up yet. Most cult show do really well on DVD. Does anyone know who owns the rights??

4. MattHR

MattHR Well-Known Member

I believe Republic Pictures produced the show. I know they released several episodes on VHS and LD in the early 90's on their own label. I believe most of Republic's properties are now handled by Lion's Gate/Artisan.

This is a show that Anchor Bay would serve well on DVD, if they were to get the rights.