What's new

Beast Wars Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Josh_C

Auditioning
I haven't seen any recent posts specifically about Beast Wars, so I decided to make one. :D

For all the fans out there, what do you think of the new cover art, and what sort of extras are you hoping for? Also, how many of you want to see future Beast Machines season sets released?

By the way, I'm new here. This is my first post. ;)

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Even though Beast Machines was a bit weak, I would like to see it released (I believe it was only on for 1 season, so the entire series can be contained in one set). To me, it would be essential since it follows-up Beast Wars and attempts to tie-up some loose ends while taking the series into a completely new direction.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

I like the cover-art, but was surprised they didn't just go with another shade of blue. I don't care much as far as extras are concerned... whatever they include is fine.

As for Beast Machines, hell yeah! I liked that series quite a bit and hope Rhino releases both seasons.

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit

Or one season as it was presented in Canada.

I would love to see Beast Machines as well, but for Pete's sake Rhino, release all 26 episodes in one set!

And I do look forward to season 3 of Beast Wars, too.

mike.

Ben Harpold

Agent
I'm really hoping that they release Beast Machines, preferably in one set. My wife and I are looking forward to completing the Beast wars set.

Josh_C

Auditioning
Has anyone heard anything new about Beast Machines? I am under the impression that Paramount now owns the DVD rights, so Beast Machines may not get released like Rhino had planned... unfortunately.

Joe:C

Second Unit
I'm still waiting to hear if Rhino gets to finish the series they haven't completed (G.I. Joe, Jem, Armada).

Josh_C

Auditioning
Wow! Tvshowsondvd.com just announced that Beast Machines: The Complete Series will be released in November. I had just recently lost all hope in its release. How can Rhino be releasing this title? Didn't they lose their rights?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
When I said they wouldn't get to do that, I wasn't thinking.

Rhino lost their rights (they simply expired and no extension was granted) to the SUNBOW properties, like Jem, G.I. Joe, and the "G1" Transformers.

Beast Wars/Beast Machines isn't among the Sunbow properties. They are Mainframe properties (ReBoot, Action Man, Heavy Gear, Maxx Steel, the various Barbie direct-to-video CGI titles). So the Rhino license from them is a separate issue.

Link to complete TSoD story.

Adam_G

Grip
I've had season 3 of beast wars for quite some time, you guy did know it's been out for a long time right? Unless it was just in Canada, but I don't think so.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yep, that is a Canada-only release. The recently announced Rhino item will be the first release of Beast Machines in the USA.

Adam_G

Grip
Beast Machines was techincally season FOUR of the series, season 3 was released last September and has a purple/pinkish colour.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Adam, I think your confusion comes out of thinking this thread was started recently. If you look at the first post though, Joch_C began it in July 2004. He just resurrected it to talk about the Beast Machines news. Everyone here was aware that Beast Wars Season 3 has been out since last year.

JohnAP

Second Unit
I'm looking forward to owning beast machines. I thought it was a worthy successor to beast wars and I've been enjoying rewatching those as they have come out on dvd. I know some people thought beast machines was a little weak, but I imagine after sitting through things like robots in disguise and armada, beast machines will look like a work of genius.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
I only caught the first two or three episodes of Beast Machines' second season, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the Beast Wars franchise ends. I actually did enjoy what they did with the characters and setting in BM's first season, thought it was pretty ambitious. I think it's awesome that Rhino is releasing it as one set instead of splitting it into another two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks