What's new

BDs Sony is considering (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
This is a question from a Sony survey I just took. I voted for the Spielbergs and Lawrence.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Probably three quarters of those I wouldn't purchase in any format — might not accept if given to me. As a matter of general interest, of the above selection, the following have been released on MUSE Hi-Vision LaserDisc. If the 1035i master tapes (some of them possible analog) used for those releases were reused, the results might be disappointing, as the technology of HD film transfers has improved considerably in the interim. A League of Their Own The Grudge A River Runs Through It Sleepless in Seattle Basic Instinct (I think this is the "Basic" on the list) Lawrence of Arabia Close Encounters A Few Good Men Jumanji

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Close encounters and Stand by me would be nice.
How about Bram Stoker's Dracula too..?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
God, did that list suck...

Since you could only choose three, I chose Spider-man, Spider-man 2, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. However, I would've added Lawrence of Arabia to that, but that's about it. :frowning:

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I went with Lawrence of Arabia, A Few Good Men and SPiderman 2, but I agree it was a pretty bad list.

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Casey M.
There's too much filler on that list. Out of all those I would buy the Spider-man flicks, Identity, Lawrence of Arabia and Once Upon a Time in Mexico (I love a good popcorn flick that doesn't take itself too seriously!). There are a couple of others I'd be interested in but there isn't much else there for me.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
These are the only titles I am interesed in and I hope they join Fox in offering DTS-HD Master Audio as well.

Spiderman
The Grudge
Godzilla
A River Runs Through It
My Best Friend's Wedding
Bad Boys 2
Jerry Maguire
Bad Boys
Radio
Fun With Dick & Jane
Resident Evil
Lawrence of Arabia
Christmas With The Kranks
Mask of Zorro
The Forgotten
Spiderman 2
Close Encounters
Panic Room
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Hellboy
A Few Good Men
Are We There Yet?
Men in Black
Air Force One
Memoirs of a Geisha
Anger Management
Jumanji

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
lawrence of arabia ONLY IF Lowry Digital or someone like that remasters the negative. the SD print sux.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul

Naw, Artisan (bought out by Lionsgate) owns the rights to Basic Instinct. Basic is the McTiernan-directed Columbia pic starring Travolta and Samuel L.

Glad they're apparently at least considering Bad Boys II. Say what one might about the pic, it will be a sonic and visual treat in high def.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Some titles on there that I would be interested in...

Spiderman 1 & 2 (obviously)
Donnie Brasco
Underworld
Dark Crystal
Labyrinth
Mask of Zorro
A Few Good Men
Close Encounters
Memoirs of a Geshia
Lawrence of Arabia
Hellboy
Men in Black
Hook
Once Upon a Time in Mexico

...and what, no love for 13 Going on 30?!? :D

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I took the survey even though I am supporting HD DVD at this time. My choices were SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE, DONNIE BRASCO and JERRY MAGUIRE. I figured the SPIDERMAN'S, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS, LAWRENCE were givens and would be released without question.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks