What's new

BD Plus Copy Protection Ready for Primetime (1 Viewer)

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor

I can't believe I'm quoting myself now! :) Anyway, Jim - look at what I said. I do like these films. When I say A-List though, I'm talking about something like Star Wars, Matrix, Die Hard, Aliens, Indiana Jones, Disney/Pixar Animation, etc. Titles that will sell a format. As much as I love Commando, Robocop and Predator - they just don't have the power to do that. Those are the titles that the masses pick up in the $9.99 or lower sales. Anyway this is all just semantics. We do differ on what an A-List title is. No biggie.

Cheers,

Jason

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
While Platoon, Ice Age and maybe Independance Day may be A listed films, as good as they might have been, Predator, Commando and Robocop were just quality B films. And Day after Tomorrow, Arthur and the Invisibles and The Hills Have Eyes (remake) don't even rate B status IMHO.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I thought part of BD+ was designed to detect hacked players. If a hacked player is detected then BD+ was supposed to disable it.

Compared to UNIVERSALS slate of fall offerings these FOX titles are almost all "A-list".......assuming, of course, that FOX actually follows up with action and not more hot air.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

I thought the idea was to disable the player if it detected a hacked or copied disc. Either way, if the players firmware were rewritten to completely ignore BD+ then it would be irrelevant what was on the disc.

I'm looking forward to a few of the Universal titles Battlestar Galactica being at the top of the list. So far the Fox list didn't get me all that excited.

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
This kind of firmware issue is happening on PSP right now. There are hacked versions of the latest firmwares just about a day or so after release at this point. If someone really wanted to, they could crack the firmware and rewrite to ignore BD+ quite quickly - as Doug suggested. This BD+ is ridiculous - it will not protect against anything. There are too many talented hackers out there. What these studios should realize is that while people may be able use hacked software, the majority will still purchase the original - just like they have for every format of every technology since the dawn of man. Even the the Neanderthal tossed an original and actual bone up at the space station not some hacked recreation of a bone! :)

Cheers,

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks