What's new

BD Live connect problems? (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Anyone else having problems connecting to BD Live.
Trying to connect with Men in Black and it just stalls and says
"make sure your device is connected to internet"
but it connects to internet fine and so does it connect fine to the Playstation Store.

UPDATE!

Just got home from work, and it's STILL not connecting.
but it still connects to Playstation store/internet.

I've read other sites where it's been hit and miss with people about being able to connect or not.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I hate to double post-

but I can't figure out what's wrong.
I called Sony help line, they couldn't help.

Today I returned to Wal-Mart for a new copy of Men in Black on blu-ray
and I'm STILL getting no BD-Live connections.

Everything else works on the Men in Black blu-ray.
Even the hosting a multi-player trivia game over internet works fine.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
My Vantage Point did the same thing. I just assumed that there wasn't any content for it to connect to. My PS3 is set up correctly because I was able to get my copy of Rambo to connect online to its online content.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
John,

Do any of your other Sony BD-Live discs connect to the Sony BD-Live site?

I know that my PS3 takes forever to connect to BD-Live on "Walk Hard" and "6th Day" Blu-rays.

Also, Sony has been having issues with firmware 2.40 for the PS3, and yanked it from their site. There are also reports that the Playstaion Network was hacked. This may or may not be related.

I'll try connecting when I get home later today and let you know what happens on my end with "Walk Hard."

BTW - Congrats on winning the Panny BD50 at EMA!!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well,
As of right now Men in Black is my only BD-Live Blu-ray.
I still haven't upgraded to 2.4 yet. Still on 2.36

But I've read on other sites that a few people are having problems with
Rambo and Men in Black.

I know this works cause we just saw this work last week at EMA
during Sony's BD-Live demo with the Men in Black Blu-ray.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I haven't picked up MIB yet. The wife doesn't like me "upgrading" my DVD collection unless there is a good reason, such as the DVD I own is non-anamorphic.

Anyway, I was able to connect to the BD-Live interface on "Walk Hard." Connecting is really, really, really slow.

You may want to rent one of Sony's earlier BD-Live discs to see if it is a problem with MIB.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I haven't picked up MIB yet. The wife doesn't like me "upgrading" my DVD collection unless there is a good reason, such as the DVD I own is non-anamorphic. I have both the original 2-disc DVD and the single DTS versions.

Anyway, I was able to connect to the BD-Live interface on "Walk Hard." Connecting is really, really, really slow.

You may want to rent one of Sony's earlier BD-Live discs to see if it is a problem with MIB.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I haven't picked up MIB yet. The wife doesn't like me "upgrading" my DVD collection unless there is a good reason, such as the DVD I own is non-anamorphic. I have both the original 2-disc DVD and the single DTS versions.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, I was able to connect to the BD Live feature on MiB, using my PS3. It is slow.......really slow. When connected, it shows that there is supposed to be a ticket to HANCOCK with a purchase of MiB.

There was no ticket in my copy of MiB, and I couldn't see any way to get one from the BD Live site. The ticket must be restricted to U.S copies of MiB only.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah,

I'll just have Netflix send me something BD-Live compatible.
Cause my Men in Black won't even connect at all.
Keeps saying "please confirm you're connected to the Internet"

Which I am..everything else on the disc works fine.

very frustrating

Ernest

Supporting Actor
I own two BluRay players and several discs that include BD Live but after reading these threads I have no intention of wasting my time on BD Live. Why not scrap BD Live and just provide a password with the BluRay purchase so we can log onto a website and view the special features through a direct connection? Why add another layer to further complicate matters?

Sometimes ideas on paper seem good and they may test well. But in the real world with dial-up, DSL, Cable, Satellite, fiber optic and Wi-Fi connections and computer memory requirements they may not work for everyone or anyone. Why make the feature more complicated by requiring a connection through the BluRay player?

Bolts Romano

Auditioning
Real Name
Don Romano
I do have a feeling, nobody from Blu Ray Manufacturer to do QA for BD live or movieQ.
I have to disagree with the opinion where BD Live failed due to the slow network. The time taken to get a complete BD live experience is almost the same as I downloaded the entire movie from iTunes.

In this case, Ernest is right just scrap the idea of having BD Live, use iPad, go to imdb website, and you get better user experience than BD Live or MovieQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks