1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

BBC's "To the Manor Born: Complete Series" on DVD June 15th

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Andrew Budgell, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell Well-Known Member

Andy Budgell
    [​IMG]

BBC will release the entire series of the classic BritCom "To the Manor Born" on DVD June 15th, 2004 and will retail for $79.98 ($20 cheaper than the VHS set previously availible)! For those not familiar with the series: Hard times force the snooty Audrey Forbes-Hamilton to sell her grand country manor house and move into the lodge. But, much to her horror, the new Squire turns out to be the smooth, grocery tycoon, Richard DeVere. It's the start of an hilarious, class-conscious, love-hate relationship. The hugely successful television series has now been specially adapted for BBC Radio 2 and also stars Angela Thorne as Audrey's friend, Marjory.

I for one am highly anticipating the release of this classic British Fare!

..:: Andy ::..

2. John Watson

John Watson Well-Known Member

This is one of our favourites too.

When I heard about this, I wondered about the picture quality though. The last time I saw it (on PBS?), the colours seemed pale.

But I don't know if that was chracteristic of the original production, or poor TV - cable broadcasting of a deteriorated copy.

I will be interested in any reviews.

3. george kaplan

george kaplan Well-Known Member

I'm hoping this is a region 1 release. If so, I'm all over it. [​IMG]

4. Randy_M

Randy_M Well-Known Member

Randy Margolis
    I like this, too; if the quality is there, and it's for region 1, it's a purchase for me.

5. andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy Well-Known Member

Not, I must confess, my favourite sitcom, but they were showing excerpts from TTMB on a show about British sitcoms the other week, and I thought then that the video and film stock looked rather insipid. The same goes for a lot of other BBC programmes of the same period, so it may be an artefact of videos of the late 70s/early 80s.