What's new

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 (Oct 06) (2 Viewers)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I can not wait for Season 3 to start up as well. I am currently watching both complete seasons of BSG on SD-DVD to get ready for season 3. I am watching 2 episodes per day and will watch the last two epidsodes of season two on Oct 6th.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

I really liked Webisode 6 as well - heck, I'm loving all of them, because I love occupation type stories - but you are right, the sixth one was a real standout. Col. Tigh is a freaking *great* character, I love that he is so just...badass, generally. The debate about the ethics/morality of innocent people getting killed during war is so timely, as well. The "War is messy. People get killed. Good people. Nice people." line just...that really hit me hard. for some reason. Hogan really sold it, too. I reaaaallly like this aspect of Tigh, as resistance leader. Can't wait for another one tomorrow.

FYI - There are a lot of nice interacive features on the SCIFI site. I spent some time poking around on it this morning, and there are recaps, a video blog and a recent interview with Grace Park. Whew!

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Sorta spam, but I know you guys will be interested. Click the link in my sig on Wednesday, September 27th, and you'll hear Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck) getting interviewed on our show. We've talked to her once before, it was pretty fun, so we'll see what happens in the sequel.

And if you wanna just go ahead and prematurely click the link and wander around anyway, I won't stop you. ;)

I agree with many that Tigh singlehandedly made the webisodes watchable during Webisode six. I think I'll at least be VERY happy with his character as all the teasers and such seem to show Tigh sticking to that characterization throughout the occupation.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
the interview with Katee is up--and there's some pretty interesting little tidbits in the interview. Not quite SUPER spoilery, but some semi-inside info is dished. Plus she talks about Dustin Diamond's sex tape. And she apparently watches Lost.

Feel free to spread this around any battlestar sites you'd like, too :)

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I am desperately gonna talk about BSG so as to erase the horror of the existence a Saved by the Bell related sex tape from my brain! :)

What do you guys think will happen at the end of the webisodes? I feel like it is moving toward a big twist of some sort - right now I feel like one of the members will betray everyone else and that's how it will end on the big revelation of that news.

Actually, since I think the (really vague small spoiler for premiere)Season 3 premiere starts with Tigh being brought up on some sort of charges or something close to that - forgive me, I can't remember the exact place I read this - but that seems like it would fit, and that's how the Resistance miniseries would fit in the timeline of the show.)

One week to go to premiere night! :) My official countdown to 9PM on the 6th has begun!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
NBC surveyed me about current programming a couple days ago, and the focus was particularly heavy on "Battlestar." From the questions they asked, I think they have a really good idea of the buzz it's generating but are worried that it's too intellectual and depressing to break into the mainstream.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It was a "Rate on a scale from Agree Strongly to Disagree Strongly" type of a thing. So the questions were statements:
"Battlestar Galactica is the type of show I would recommend to my friends."
"Battlestar Galactica is suspenseful."
"Battlestar Galactica is too confusing."
"Battlestar Galactica is boring."
"Battlestar Galactica is depressing."
"Battlestar Galactica is hopeful."
"Battlestar Galactica doesn't have enough action."
"Battlestar Galactica has too many characters."

I'm paraphrasing a bit (though most of those are probably exact quotes), but that was the gist of it.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
about 5 more days till Battlestar Galactica starts up again
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i expect the webpisodes to be close to the caliber of the series... otherwise why do it @all? to me, it sounds like SFchannel forced RDM to do it, hence so-so quality.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Just heard Edward James Olmos on a phone interview with my morning radio idiots. I missed some of what he said (woork! Bah!), but he mentioned that on October 15, at 11:00 (missed am or pm), the first two episodes of season 1 will shown at The Latino Film Festival in Los Angeles. Missed the site too (Work! Bah!), but definitely LA, the 15th, and the first two episodes at the Latino Film Festival.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Ok, a little on line research reveals that it is 11:00 AM at the Egyptian theater, Egyptian Theatre, Lloyd E. Rigler Screen, located at 6712 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, CA. Tickets are $10 on line or at the box office.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

I know - yay!!! When I woke up yesterday and realized it was actually October (where did September go, I ask?!@), the bright spot was that it meant that the new season is now only mere DAYS away!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
Joy!

I downloaded the recap "Story So Far" episode that's free on iTunes right now, and it was really good - I haven't seen a lot of these eps since they aired the first time, and it's a great refresher for that before the new eps start!

Also, BSG spread in Entertainment Weekly (beware, spoilers):
http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1537626_3_0_,00.html

MikeRS

Screenwriter
So I just watched all of season 2 in a marathon session this weekend (friend's cottage ;) ), and I can't for the life of me understand how James Callis was deprived of an emmy nomination.

I'm thinking in particular of this monologue from the first Pegasus episode (within a season of just consistently fantastic work)

As watched this moment and became extremely moved (it plays like a cathartic moment after a season and a half of Baltar's personal "hell" - Helfer's wordless reaction definitely contributed to this moment too), all I could think was, how was he not recognized for his work this season.

WTF?!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

For that matter, I can't see how the show was legitimately denied a best dramatic series nod. Surely, there is no better drama on television. Galactica is the most intense, most thoughtful and smartest show in an extremely long time. But not being on a network and being set in space have probably doomed it to not receive the appropriate recognition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks