What's new

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 (Oct 06) (1 Viewer)

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
I think any possible, however tiny, fears I may have had about Season 3 have already been addressed; so far the Websodes are hitting the good notes, addressing real themes I feel need to be focused on during an occupation by a hostile force.

We've seen some humans organizing (carefully, furtively) for resistance to overthrow their captors - Tigh, Tyrol and others staging guns

We've seen evidence some humans may be cooperating with the Cylons - Cylon poster seeking recruits for a human police force

And we've seen evidence some humans simply accept their lot, or at least fear death (theirs or another's) enough to obey unquestioningly - the pilot and his new bride

These are good themes, and I'm glad to see them explored. When Season 3 hits the ground, I'm anticipating some great storytelling!

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
in this thread on the Chud.com boards

http://chud.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94919

the writer says he talked to Ron Moore off the record and Moore said the schedule has been changed--it's Thursday, October 5th at 9pm and the show will be moved to 9pm from now on.

I haven't heard that anywhere else, anyone else see anything from SciFi regarding a move?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
One of the best things about BSG at 10 pm is that I didn't have to rush to a TV after dinner with the BF in order to watch in first run. We'll see how this 9 pm thing goes if it's true. I don't see why Threshold doesn't get stuck in the 9 pm slot starting the 13th, with BSG to follow. Or even at 8 if Sci Fi wants a two hour block of Dr. Who/BSG.

I highly doubt that it's moving to Thursday. There's simply too much competition on the networks for it to work. Survivor at 8, leading into CSI...Grey's Anatomy got transplanted and I'm sure there's other stuff I'm not thinking of right now.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Who the hell has diner at 6PM? Used to be 8-9 for me, but it's moved down to 7ish. 6 is way too early, I will be hungry again by 10.

What? You don't care?

--
H

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Wildly off topic...but he doesn't get out of work until 6, home by 6:45. We live a half hour away from each other and that doesn't include time spent in line when we go out and if we grab some dessert afterwards.

BTW, thank you Holadem. :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

For this: Who the hell has diner at 6PM? Used to be 8-9 for me, but it's moved down to 7ish. 6 is way too early, I will be hungry again by 10.

Winston L

Grip

My guess is that they want the ratings of Battlestar Galactica as a lead-in to Threshold, hoping we'll stick around and watch it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Threshold? Is this the cancelled Brannon Braga series from CBS? Why is Sci-Fi re-running that on its night of premiere original programming?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
have ya'll been catching up with webpisodes? i thought it's been lackluster so far. it's better than no bsg... but da 'gravitas' is missing =).

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I like the webisodes, to me they feel like little pieces of the show. They are really kind of getting me through to the new episodes, I feel like they do have a larger point, and I love the occupation aspect of them.

Have you guys seen the S3 trailer that's floating around out there?

That thing makes me SO excited, I can't even tell you. Any idea on how we get from the way Tigh looks in the webisodes to the way Tigh looks in the trailer?

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
The webisodes, while by no means as compelling as the actual series, do work as a short parable about ties between religion, war, martyrdom and occupation. Considering the obvious budgetary constraints of the webisodes, they could have done a helluva lot worse, while actually staying true to the political discussions which make the series so interesting.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
For some strange reason, I am only now watching the Mini-series, have about half an hour left. Wow, even after two seasons, the setup was a bit different than I had imagined. I thought the Cylon's rebelled Terminator style and Judgement Day followed soon after, rather than two wars 40 years apart. That certainly explains a LOT, like the continued presence of Cylons on Galactica's path, and their settlements throughout the galaxy
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

It was terrific to see how it all began for Sharon and Helo.

--
H

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

Oh, absolutely. One of the best things about this show is the fact that they can make a show about humanity fleeing destruction in space so relevant to our real world selves, and so reflective of the world that we live in. Specifics like sleeper agents, occupation forces, potential election fraud, it is somewhat dark and serious, and I think it's supposed to be, in a way...it's all very reflective of the somewhat uneasy times we live in - I think this show really does like to make you think. A lot. And it likes to do it by making you take a long look at certain assumptions that you may be carrying around about things like religion and war and freedom and God. It's amazingly rich material. Which is so much better than almost anything else on TV.

I hope the cylon occupation allows us to see a bit more of them, and allows us to get back to their Cylon religion. I found their conceptions of God and fate fascinating, and would like to see more of that.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Webisode Six was the first one I really connected with, almost entirely because of Michael Hogan's performance. Clearly, in the trenches is where Tigh thrives; he's much more focused and a MUCH better leader of a resistance movement than he was as the leader of the fleet under martial law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks