What's new

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 (Oct 06) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Sweet! 640x480 res, no less. Between these and the first web-isode on Tuesday, it's a good time to be a "Battlestar" fan.

Adam

P.S. What's it's say about me that I read your post as "it's now pee-able for human consumption" the first time?

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
You've been watching too much Waterworld?

Or Jackass? ;)

Also, Issue 1 of the Battlestar Galactica comic hit this wednesday. I picked it up--the art is iffy. Real iffy. Sometimes Adama looks like Olmos. Sometimes he looks like Spock. Boomer looks like Jamie Lee Curtis in "Drowning Mona"

but the story's pretty intriguing. For a comic. It's definitely not something I'd want to have seen on the air at any point, but for the medium of comics, it fits real well.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
same here. I'm trying IE, I know if I use firefox a lot of the time it has problems loading.

Nada there, either. Although the Eick blog about the Peabody is cute

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Frack 33 more days until BSG Season 3 starts, I need my fix. :laugh:

I don't think October 6th can come around fast enough. I can't wait to see how the story line unfolds and what happens in the begining episode of S3. I think I will rewatch all epsiodes in order between now and Oct 6th just to refresh my memory and just to enjoy season 1 & 2. Granted I will have to go out and buy season 2.5 so I can watch the last half of season 2.

Does season 2.5 contain the entire season or is it just the second half? I really do not want to have to buy the first part of the season 2 all over again. I ended up buying season 1 a second time because one of the discs was defective. Well since it was the UK version and they only had the US version in the store Fry's would not exchange the UK for the US ver. So I know have two copies of Season 1 and one copy so far of Season 2.0. I might get rid of both copies of season 1 SD-DVD's once it is available on HD-DVD. It all depends on how much season one costs on HD-DVD?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Well gee, after a long hiatus (last ep before this weekend was 207 back in jan or feb), I marathoned thru the rest of S2 this weekend. What can I say, with that mind-blowing finale, I am glad I only have a month or so to wait to see where this goes. It would have sucked donkey halls if I had had to wait 6+ months like you guys.

I took a break earlier in S2 because the darkness of the show was becoming overwhelming. That and they were laying the religious stuff pretty thick. But that was the peak of it, glad to see the show considerably ease off that aspect of things for the remainder of the season.

Curiously enough, in the midst of all the momentous event and character journeys, my favorite bit of development was the growing closeness between Adama and Roslin, culminating in that wonderfully sober kiss.

I am not too fond of the Lee/Kara thing. No chemistry whatsoever, let it go already. That Lee is far from my favorite character doesn't help. I hope Robert is wrong and this relationship is NOT prominently featured in S3.

Anyway, sorry 'bout the ramblin', waiting for October...

--
H

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Hmmm, the site must be getting overloaded, I get to the message saying a short ad will play first, but nothing actually plays despite waiting for several minutes. Guess I'll try again later, when it's the dead of night for you guys...

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I got in, but it's so fuzzy as to be almost unwatchable. I can only make out Chief, Callie, Tigh, one of the viper pilots and one of the deck crew by their voices. I can't actually SEE anyone acting.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Cool. Thanks!

Interesting. Nothing earth-shattering, and no doubt those who don't watch it will get filled in on this "backstory" in S3 Ep1 with a few lines here and there. But nice to see the Colonel in his element.

It's waaaayyy too jerky, gave me a headache watching it. Was that deliberate (too much hand-held camera), or a video artifact because the frames aren't exactly 24p?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Resistance? "Collaborators"? And the fleet out there... *drool*. Very familiar situations, but I loooooooooove me occupation and resistance stories. I CANNOT wait to see these writers take on this classical setting, cannot wait to see how our beloved characters manage under these circumtances.

I hope the occupation goes on long into the season proper.

--
H

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
That little bit of story has me terribly excited for the season to start. I think I'm going to throw a party for the season premiere. Between this and Dr. Who, it's going to be a fracking good autumn.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
will universal HD be broadcasting s3 a week or soon after SF shows them? that would rock. their HD rebroadcast of BSG is totally awesome.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Oh I agree there JediFonger especially since SciFi's video quality sucks. :angry:
BSG on Universal HD is really good and looks awsum. Almost makes me wish I had an HD dvr or an D-VHS deck to record the show off of Universal HD. :D

Hayes Preston

Stunt Coordinator

Yes BSG on UHD is awesome. UHD is just starting season two, there are about 16 episodes left, my guess is we will see all of season two and they will just roll on with season three in February.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Second webisode is up. Are these all going to be ~1:20 long? Because I thought the ten were supposed to equal a 40 minute episode?

Adam
(stuck at home with a faulty radiator, and nothing better to worry about)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks