What's new

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 (Oct 06) (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Just got into the series at the beginning of June and have watched up through the first half of S2. We're DYING for Sept. 19th to get here.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
I haven't been around here much for a while and thought I'd see what news there was about my favorite SF show, and lo and behold! I see myself quoted from a couple of years ago! Wow, I completely forgot about that. Thanks for digging that up, Robert!

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Thank you Adam! (Heh, while typing, I actually typed "Adama" -- Freudian slip?)

Nice trailer, although I don't much like the choice of music. It might have worked better with the BSG theme (and drum beats) instead?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Glad to be of service. Sorry about the burned in tracking info. I literally hit record right when it surprised me by popping up (thought it was original broadcast only) so it's right on the edge of the tape.
I don't like the music either, except for when it's just the instrumental guitar over the Galactica logo. There's a perfectly bleak and desperate quality to it there, without the over-the-top Nickelback (or Nickelback-esque?) rock vocals.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
That was indeed Nickelback. I'm starting to wonder if the network is a little worried about the ratings drop mid season 2 and is trying to woo people back however they can.

There's like 30 different, more evocative tracks on the 2 soundtracks ALONE that would have scored that much better and added way more kick. But the imagery made up for it in spades.

That said: Prelude to War on the Season 2 soundtrack is quite possibly one of the best orchestral pieces I've heard in the last 10 years.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
While watching Eureka I sat waiting for the preview and when it popped on to Nickleback I changed the channel subconciously then when I realized that was indeed the BSG preview I was like 'D'oh'. When I hear Nickleback I change the channel.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Defiantely a case of trying to attract a wider audience,my Guess the Wrastling Crowd that's Tuning into the Sci Fi channel now, likes Nickleback.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
The Battlestar Galactica re-cap showed at 10pm here on the West Coast, and it was a very tightly edited mixtape of Galactica's Greatest Hits in seasons 1 and 2, with a new commercial for the Season 3 premiere.

Thoughts?

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I didn't find out until today that it didn't show everywhere. I remember having to doublecheck because the listings *I* read were for east coast, to follow the football game, whenever it ended. I just turned it on at 10 pm and saw it.

I thought it was pretty tightly edited. No mean trick condensing 2 seasons and a 3 hour miniseries into 45 minutes. But they managed to touch on most of the major story points. Yes, stuff was left out, but I'm thinking this was a) functional because you only have so much time and b) A nice hook for viewers, because if you're a little thrown--there's a whole SERIES to check out to whet your curiosity ;)

Also, I noticed that the choice of storylines to be highlighted seemed to be hinting at what was REALLY going to be important if you're going to jump into season 3. That just sorta makes sense, right? This show acted as an indicator of what personal relationships were REALLY going to be bitten into for season 3, I thought, and the choice of relationships highlighted was pretty interesting ;)

(edit) does anyone know where Jeff Kleist is now? I seriously just google searched the dude and he seems to have completely vanished from the internet when he got banned from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks