What's new

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 DVD Art & More (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Absolutely -- the first scenes in Episode 3.01 ("Occupation") jump ahead something like four months, IIRC, from the ending of 2.20 ("Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II"), and the webisodes fill in those missing months.

Everything from Colonel Tigh's organization of the New Caprica resistance movement, down to a much stronger understanding of precisely why Jammer decided to become a Cylon collaborator, as well as Duck's desire to end it all as a suicide-bomber. Folks who just watch the season premiere alone are going to be lost on several of these plot-points, though they should still be able to mentally "bridge" it enough to go on from there.

I dunno. Some sites are still of the opinion that the webisodes will make the cut on the DVD set, but until we get that first official spec-listing from Universal, it's all up in the air.

But still. Can't believe they'd let these fall by the wayside.

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
I hope the "Resistance" webisodes are included as well... I never actually saw them.

The web-based "Flashback" episodes were included on the Razor DVD, and they weren't mentioned at all on the packaging (not sure about the press release). Granted, some of them were in the movie itself, but not all of them.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

I didn't know this. Are there 3 versions of Pegasus?

a) The "shortened" syndicated length version on 2.0 for a 1 hour time block
b) The original extended episode that was broadcast over 90 minutes
c) And an extended extended episode on 2.5?

Andy

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Warners just announced it is going Blu-Ray only starting soon, and the Digital Bits just posted this comment ...

"Blu-ray now has 70% exclusive access to Hollywood studio content. Didn't we say this format war would finally end in 2008? Not a moment too soon as far as we're concerned. Our bet is that Universal and Paramount announce Blu-ray support by mid 2008, if not sooner. No studio is going to want to be the last one holding the bag now."

The Digital Bits - Celebrating Film in the Digital Age

So the hope for a Box Set BSG on Blu-Ray suddenly appears more realistic, if not until after the run of the fourth and last season in 2009.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Great news on the webisodes being included. Loved the ones on the Razor DVD.

I agree that there is no way Universal will go Blu and release a ton of product this year. CES will be very telling regarding the format war, but if Warner is going all-Blu, it is likely going to end sooner rather than later.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I didn't mean to turn this thread into a Universal goes Blu-ray discussion, but while we're still on the topic, it's now being reported that Paramount is about to go Blu-ray and Universal may also fold soon.

A quote from The Digital Bits again (always pretty reliable for this type of info) ...

"Well... we've had SOME confirmation this morning of the details of the Financial Times story from last night. While the studio isn't yet commenting, reliable industry sources are telling us that Paramount is indeed preparing to end their HD-DVD support and announce a return to the Blu-ray fold. Details are currently being finalized, and an announcement is expected as soon as they're complete. Paramount's first new Blu-rays will almost certainly include many of those titles that were cancelled last year, but that were already packaged and ready for shipping, so you could see them in stores very quickly once the studio announces.

Meanwhile, sources are telling us that Universal has also been talking with the BDA, and is looking to follow Paramount and Warner's lead as soon as possible."

The Digital Bits - Celebrating Film in the Digital Age

And if that occurs, I don't think Universal will waste much time capitalizing on marketing BSG in Blu-ray. (See, I brought us back to the original topic!)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up Season 3 this week. I am one of those who has only seen this series on DVD, so I do not watch it on cable, nor so I read anything about it to avoid spoilers. Can someone tell me if I should get Razor too and see that after I finish season 2.5 and before season 3 or does it matter?

Thanks!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Oh, my mistake, I thought it was March 15th! I must be in a "Lost" temporal anomoly. Must be "Q"'s doing.

Cool, then I can finally get back to watching season 2.5 and then Razor.

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks