What's new

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 - SciFi US broadcast thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season two starts July 15th. From the press release:Read the rest of the press release with caution as it reveals the fate of one of the main cast members from last season's finale.

Great news for me. This and "Arrested" in one day. It's going to be a great year.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
It will be interesting to see with the July 15, 2005 start of the second season of BG, will it be shown about the same time that Sky TV in the UK shows the program? I think this will happen, given that they're currently in production of the first ten episodes of the second season as I type this....

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Since SciFi likes to break up the seasons of their original programming between summer and winter, Sky will probably air the second half of the season before it's shown here.

PaulHeroy

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone heard anything about Universal HD showing BSG in HD for Season 2? I watched Season 1 on Sci Fi, but would love to watch S2 in HD on UHD. It'd be tough to wait until the season is over if that will be the case again, but it would sure be nice if the eps could air in HD a week or two after the premiere on SciFi.

(This is just about the only thing that has kept me subscribed to DirecTV's HDTV package, until football kicks off again and ESPN-HD actually shows more HD content.)

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
With BSG starting this Friday, it's time to dust off this thread and get it ready.

Looking forward to it. Glad it was not a long wait between seasons. Also happy that season two will last longer then 13 episodes even if SCI FI splits it up between Summer and Winter. Looks like I'll have no life on Friday nights.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I have a question: I missed most of season 1 and I really have no idea what's going on. Will I be completely lost if I start watching season 2 tomorrow?

Planning to catch season 1 on DVD, but I don't want to miss what is sure to be an exciting season.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Just like you would have a hard time jumping into chapter 3 of any book ... ditto for here. They are not going to spend time bringing anyone up to speed.

Suggest you find a friend that recorded the whole previous season and then watch the mini series first.

Although for the sake of ratings, yes please watch it, late is far better than never. It will take you a few episodes to figure out the character dynamics, but the ride is still well worth it.

I listened to the pod cast last night. A word of warning for those that have not listened to it yet. There are spoilers as far as episode 7 in the cast ...

Regards

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Man I'm so jazzed! This is my favorite show right now. I've already heard that several changes to the opening have happened so I will try not to be bothered by it.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
I just hope they explain why the heck they use both "jumps" and "FTL" to refer to their propulsion systems...that needs to be taken care of in the first five minutes, or I'm outta there... :D

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Probably the same reason why we refer to high color temperatures as being "cool" and low temps as "warm." :D

Regards

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Why would you want to start watching season 2 if you havent seen season 1. It's an ongoing story. Rent the DVD first.

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
Sam Favate wrote:

Too bad you didn't ask this question a couple of weeks ago, because the SciFi Channel ran an all-day marathon of BG's Season One episodes a day or two after the 4th of July.

All I can advise at this point is that you record (either on a DVR or VCR) the new Season Two episodes and save them until after you can see both the 2003 Miniseries (which is on DVD) and then the Season One series episodes (which aren't on DVD yet, but SciFi may rerun again).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks