1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.0 & 2.5

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by RogerH, Jun 23, 2006.

1. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I haven't got 2.0 yet so with the announcement of 2.5 I was wondering if anybody knew if there going to be a bundle of the 2 sets (either repackaged into 1 set or the 2 boxes shrink-wrapped together)?

2. Katherine_K

Katherine_K Second Unit

There has been no evidence that such a set will be released, and I for one would highly doubt that one ever will be.

3. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I imagine retailers like Best Buy will do some kind of deal on release day. Or so I'm hopin'.

4. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Screenwriter

Paul McElligott
    Or you could get the 2.0 set from DDD during their current sale.

5. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    20% off sale ended on the 17th.

6. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Screenwriter

Paul McElligott
    [​IMG] Ummm, their next 20% off sale, yeah, that's what I meant...

7. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

yes....do ir now!

this is a series I totally did not watch on TV, and am blown away by the writing, the production values, the acting and character development, it's ability to develop a story arc....havent seen this quality of science fiction since Babylon 5!

8. Bill>Moore

Bill>Moore Second Unit

Can't wait to pick up 2.5 in September. Love the show, but I'm wondering what's going to happen after that cliffhanger.

I've heard quite a few folks saying they're holding out for a combined single box, but I haven't seen any indication that's going to happen. I'm sure they'll combine 2.0 and 2.5 into a single package, but release it as a full season box instead of two halves packaged together? Probably not.

9. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I love the show too (after my initial hating phase because I loved the 70's series) anyways I 'll be picking up Season One in the next couple of weeks and probably Season 2.0 on the same day since chances are if I haven't heard anything about a bundle with 2.5 by then there probably won't be one, atleast right away.

Can't wait for Season 3 [​IMG]

10. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

The only place i have heard of 2.0 and 2.5 being released as one set in R2 i believe. I read somewhere that a complete season 2 set was announced over there. But like many have allready mentioned in R1 if their is a complete set it probably will just be 2.0 and 2.5 wrapped together.

11. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Screenwriter

.....or DS9 for that matter. [​IMG]

Looking forward to the new set. [​IMG]

12. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Screenwriter

There's already a long running BG topic going on. Stop creating new ones.

13. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Screenwriter

I've asked Universal about a combined set 5 or 6 times, and each time they've told me they don't have any plans to do a complete season set. There have been a number of split season releases, and I can't think of any example of a set that combined them.

Gord

14. NeilO

NeilO Screenwriter

Now a few months later and the second set is due to come out tomorrow, is it still the case that there won't be a combined set?

Neil

15. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    I haven't heard anything official about a full second season DVD set -- and my own feeling is that there will not be one -- BUT in the new issue of Sci Fi magazine (the publication of the Sci Fi Channel), there is a review of Battlestar Season 2.5 and it says "for those of you who can't wait for the full season set..." (or words to that effect).

I'd take it with a grain of salt. Just because the magazine is affiliated with the channel that broadcasts the show doesn't mean it has any knowledge of what Universal Home Video is doing with the DVDs.

My best guess, as a longtime serious DVD collector, is that no full season set is coming.

Has anyone seen season 2.5? It's out tomorrow; just wondering if anyone got their hands on it early.

16. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Sam, I saw it at a store last week...it was still out over the weekend. I'm didn't pick it up there since a) the price was $39 and b) I want the recap bonus disc from BB.

17. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Screenwriter

Hey guys, you have a choice. While Best Buy is offering the special that Sdci Fi is broadcasting, it's not that special, Target has it listed at $37.99 and they are also offering a $5 gift certificate with the purchase of the DVD set for battlestar Galactica 2.5. I'm getting my copy for sure ...

18. Harry-N

Harry-N Screenwriter

Harry N.

Mine's on order and has shipped last Friday, so I'm expecting it today. We spent the summer watching the origal miniseries, the first season and the 2.0 season, so we're ready. We don't have cable and therefore cannot see the SciFi telecasts. We'll be content to wait for the DVDs.

Harry

19. Chris S

Chris S Screenwriter

Chris S

But this is Universal who is well known for their double and triple dippings. I'd be shocked if we didn't see another release. Although it might not happen until a possible HD-DVD release...?

20. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    Here is the exact quote from the review of 2.5 in Sci Fi magazine (Oct. 2006, page 64):