What's new

Battlestar Galactica - SciFi US broadcast thread (1 Viewer)

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
Jeff got banned? I didn't know that. Was it over Galactica? I figured he just checked out in disgust. I would like to know what he thinks too, out of a kind of morbid curiosity. But since he was spewing venom over the designs of the helmets, I wouldn't hold out much hope for a "conversion"...

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
Charlie, we don't know if the arrow is part of the Cylons plans or not, but it's part of human proephecies that say the arrow, inside Athena's Tomb on Kobol will point the way to Earth. (At least I think it was Athena's tomb.)

Winston L

Grip
And so I return to the reason I came to HT forums in the first place, to get information on the DirecTV HD TiVo. I've put off the decision for 3 months - and now there's a pressing need to delay no further.

How glorious this show would be in HD!

Winston L

Grip
Can't imagine why Baltar would admit now that he could have prevented the shooting if only he revealed that Boomer was a Cylon. He's a tragic figure that I don't see as evil, but more as an incompetent victim of his own insecurities. He was careless and that's why the Cylons were able to take down the colonial defenses, but in his fear that his carelessness would be discovered he's heaped one lie on top of another.

And now, the lies are worse and actually do endanger humanity. The deeper the hole he digs, the greater his culpability and the more he moves toward evil.

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
I am *this* close to going back to DTV...think I can get it thrown up in 7 days?

For those that saw the mini in UHD, did it look good?

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

Oh, ok. From a couple of posts it seemed like we knew the arrow was part of the Cylons' plan. Thought I had missed a plot point.

I am fired up for the HD broadcasts. I have Directivo, but not the HD tivo. :frowning: Oh well, won't be able to save it, but it should look great. Hopefully, they'll have a 5.1 track, though prologic II did a good job with the stereo mix.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit

It was BOOMER on CAPRICA that said "We need to go to the museum", but did not explain why.
Then, when SIX knocked Starbuck down at the museum, she picked UP the arrow and started to walk away WITH IT.

For whatever reason, both BOOMER (Caprica) and SIX (Caprica) KNOW that the Arrow is important. That much is known.

However, SIX (Caprica) KNEW Starbucks name. Lots of reasons for this. But, its possible that she "mind melded" with the Galatica SiX, who heard about the plan for Baltar... which is unlikely since the nobody knew the plan except for Starbuck and the president.

I found it interesting, but not surprised since it seems that the human cylons are VERY aware of human mythology, and more specifically, human prophecies. They are also very obsessed with religion. This religion business makes the cylons seem very irrational. Enough that they might BELIEVE that the prophecies might come true, and that the CYLONS are the ones to fulfill the prophecy, and NOT humans.

Anyway. Loved the ending. Didn't see it coming.

Nick

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Or, since part of the Cylons' master plan was crashing the Colonials' computers, they've managed to copy the navy's duty roster and Six-es are designed to have perfect recall/access to this information.

Rob_Walton

Second Unit
The Six on Caprica was getting a real kick from smashing ten bells out of Starbuck , which would suggest all the Sixes are connected somehow . After all , only the Six in Baltar's head should have reason to hate Starbuck that much , having sensed his unrequited love for the feisty stoogie chomper . Yet the Caprica Six acted as if she too felt that special lady rage . The plot , as they say , thickens !

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
If there really is a Six in Baltar's head. It's quite possible that, much as the Boomer models tend toward over-identifying with humanity, the Six ones are the most sociopathic. The first one we saw in the miniseries killed a baby just because she could get away with it, and the one that had been watching Boomer-2 certainly seemed to enjoy beating the hell out of her to make sure she had convincing injuries.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

It is not Discovery HD quality, simply because of the material (lack of colors etc in the series), but it is a night and day difference from the sci fi broadcasts.

I think you will be happy with it.

Andy

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe no one mentioned that the Boomer on Caprica is pregnant. And while Six and Blatar on Kobol were looking at a baby basket, but they didn't show the baby, Six said something about "see the future".

Seems to me that the Cylon "plan" is to breed with humans to create a super-cylon/human race. Although that completely clashes with trying to destroy the humans at the same time.

If they look like humans, why wouldn't they just breed with them unbeknownst to humans? The show seems to be going in two directions at once.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Spicing it up:

From another forum:

What if Adama is a Cylon and Galactica Boomer found out about it from her sisters on the Base Star? What if she has now had quite a bit of practice overcoming her Cylon programming and was able to do it and shot Adama to save the humans.

And real Adama is locked up on another ship somewhere?

It's out there, but it's not the craziest thought.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

The assumption is that all Cylons want to do the same thing. Which might be as incorrect as saying all humans on earth right now want the same thing. Which is clearly untrue. It might be that the Toaster generation of Cylons want to wipe out humanity. Or some faction of the humanoid ones. Then there are those that regret it, see themselves as the children of humanity and wish it could all be different (some Cylon conversations imply this). I think we clearly have two separate goals among the Cylons, maybe three.

Just a thought.

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
Since the Cylons are religious fanatics, they are trying to fulfill a prophecy- and the prophecy says that humanity is almost destroyed and sent on an exodus. So them destroying civilization is not inconsistent with their breeding program- they are trying to usher in a new era.

Winston L

Grip
Oh my, I think that could be right. Except that Adama is not a Cylon. Boomer only believes he is. I don't think any Adama is a Cylon unless they are replacing real people or they age. Cdr Adama has a past. Boomer doesn't.

Don't the 4 models we know look about the same age anyway?

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

If they don't find out Boomer (Galactica) is a cylon because she shot Adama, then everyone will know when (and if) Helo and Starbuck make it back to Galactica, since they know Boomer is a cylon.

Other unanswered questions from the (excellent) Season 1:

-the presence of the bomb on Boomer (Galactica's) Raptor during the suicide mission

-where the heck is Boxey?

-why has no one asked more questions about Boomr (Galactica's) suicide attempt/accident? (in fact, didn't she just end up in the hospital after that happened...no questions asked?)

-just what exactly were Baltar and Six looking at in the crib on Kobol?

-Why did Boomer (Galactica) shoot Adama now instead of previously....she's had other chances...what flipped her out?

-Will Helo have a bigger role in season 2 and will he make it back to Galactica?

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark

I think it's possible that since she had just killed many of her copies, their consciousnesses may have been uploaded to the nearest duplicate, who happened to be Galactica-Boomer.

There's an interesting interview over at C|Net with a theologian who also studies AI. Seems perfectly suited to fans of this show. Though not directly linked to the show, it deals with a few of the issues that have come up on Galactica.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks