What's new

"Battlestar Galactica" Complete series re-release -- Box Cover Question (1 Viewer)

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

New BG Box

I hope I make sense here :) :

I got the version that comes in a big Cylon box. I'm glad I got it too because it may become a collectors item someday. But I would love to be able to fit this sucker next to my Star Trek and Buffy DVDs but its too damn big.

Since Universal will be re-releasing the show in a normal size "outer" box, will there be an offer for those of us who bought the giant Cylon box to get our hands on the smaller outer box too? A couple of years ago, Universal offered to mail the "Outer" box for people who owned the Jurassic Park Trilogy DVD (I took advantage of that offer :) ). Just wondering if they'll do the same for Galactica.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I would hope so, as the current version is pretty cumbersome, and the discs themselves don't have a very solid case or the title on the spine.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Gord Lacey, owner of TVShowsOnDVD, suggested it to them. No idea yet what they are doing with the suggestion.

If they do it, we'll be sure to pass the information along at our site!

P.S. - The top "crest" on the Cylon is too short in that pic, isn't it? :)

Frank@N

Screenwriter

I gotta say, I'm somewhat surprised by this turn of events.

I could see them repackaging and selling it for less in a few years (like the massive CD boxsets of old), but already?

If they're going to repackage, then the insert booklet will have to go as well.

A replacement slipcase (with spine label) would be great though.

If a new slipcase is made available: the discs will go on the shelf, the booklet will go in a drawer, and the Cylon will probably get tossed.

Right now, the entire set is sitting on a stack of printouts under my computer desk (only place I could find to put it).

I would display it openly in the TV room as a curiosity, but my wife would have cow.

Frank@N

Screenwriter

OK, so they're going to resize the booklet too...

Not sure how readable it will be, but who knows.

They really need to make this available to previous owners.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I agree! I made my own cover (with BG on the spine!) but that booklet has been a problem. I attempted to make my own, its an 8 pager and I even bought one of those booklet staplers, but the thing just does not look professional printed on plain paper. I tries ordering some double sided photo paper off of Ebay, but it was not good quality and there was alot of bleeding.

I would definately be interested in a smaller booklet!

Ric

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
This is fantastic news. The size of the Cylon head was about the only thing keeping me from buying this set. It is just way too big to find a home for around the house (although I do think it's kind of cool looking). I will be picking up this set as soon as I see the new packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks