What's new

Battlestar Galactica: Any news on Blu-ray Release ? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
A little on the steep side but I will picking up the entire set once they come out. And only if the transfer is top notch and has a lossless track. I am guessing that since it is a Universal release it will have a DTS-HD MA track on it.

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
A bit early to be saying that--all we have are estimates. Universal could surprise us and bring it in at a bargain price of $150 or so... or decide to charge through the nose and price it closer to $400.

Hopefully the former.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
I almost substituted $200 instead.

Still, a low price would make it much more likely for people to double-dip. Especially since most of their target audience probably has at least some of the DVDs anyways.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
well the HD DVD had truehd 5.1 on there.

my guess video quality will be incredibly grainy just like the HD DVD release.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see that amazon has a pre-order finally up. The price is about what I expected given the amount of content and IMHO it will be worth every penny.

- Walter.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
At that price I'll be sticking with my DVDs for a few years, until the price drops.

Seven seasons of Buffy (albeit on DVD) for $100 was worth it, but a four-season show for $250? No way. Not even on BluRay.

(And especially not when each half-season of Battlestar on DVD was overpriced to begin with.)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I've only seen S1 of the show and so far I really like it. I'd love to watch the remaining seasons on Blu-Ray, but there's no way I could justify buying it for $250(especially if I don't know whether or not I'll enjoy the other seasons). I'm hoping Blockbuster will offer it for rental so I can catch up that way.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Well, it works out to around $61.25 a season which is certainly not out of line for season sets of television on Blu-ray.

CSI: Season 1 is up for pre-order on Amazon for $61.99.

Star Trek TOS Season 1 on Blu-Ray is currently up for pre-order on Amazon for $72.99.

Of course everyone has their own price point and I wouldn't tell anyone else what to do with their money; just simply pointing out that the price is on par with some other releases.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks