What's new

Battleship Potemkin (1925) from Kino in April (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Excellent news! [/url]

Kino is proud to join the Deutsche Kinematek in association with Russia’s Goskinofilm, the British Film Institute, Bundesfilm Archive Berlin, and the Munich Film Museum in presenting this all new 1080P HD Transfered restoration of Battleship Potemkin for the first time ever in high definition Blu-ray. Dozens of missing shots have been replaced, and all 146-title cards restored to Eisenstein’s specifications. Edmund Meisel's definitive 1926 score, magnificently rendered by the 55-piece Deutches Filmorchestra in DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, returns Eisenstein’s masterwork to a form as close to its creator’s bold vision as has been seen since the film s triumphant 1925 Moscow premiere. The restored film has newly-translated English intertitles as well as original Russian intertitles (and optional English subtitles).

BONUS FEATURES:
  • "Tracing Battleship Potemkin," a 42-minute documentary on the making and restoration of the film
  • Photo gallery

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Part of me wishes a variety of the various scores could be audio options, tho the varying running times of this film might be a problem.

Actually, I just want the Pet Shop Boys' terrific score for this film released as it was intended to be heard - while watching the movie.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Since this movie's in the public domain I'm surprised the Pet Shop Boys didn't release it themselves. I've already got a cheap copy of this in the infamous Total Movie megaset, but I'd buy another copy with the Pet Shop Boys score just cause I'm a fan.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Outstanding news!

Oscar - the Pet Shop Boys score is a wonderful example of interpretive scoring; their pop-laden, synth rich score is a dynamic standalone listen, but evokes much of what I remember of watching this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks