What's new

Battle of Sutjeska & Battle of Neretva (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Two terrific international WW II movies about the Yugoslav partisans fighting the Germans with terrific actors, Richard Burton (Tito), Orson Welles, Yul Brynner, Hardy Kruger and many more. Unfortunately, the transfers are horrible worse than footage shot by war correspondents during the European and Pacific campaigns. Four years into BluRay and we are still seeing transfers that are so bad they make VHS look good.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thank you for the warning. I had been thinking about buying these discs. You've changed my mind!

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Are you talking about UK releases from Arrow? Was not aware there were US releases...

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Yes the distributor is Arrow and I purchased the DVD's from Amazon UK. They are PAL region 2 and as far as I know not available in the USA. I have purchased many DVD's from Amazon UK and because they are PAL in 576i the video has always been excellent. I did send an e-mail message to Arrow advising them I was not happy paying good money for two awful DVD transfers. I also placed a review on Amazon UK, though others had beaten me to the punch, advising future buyers the transfers were terrible. 4 years into BluRay you don't expect to see poor transfers like these.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Presumably these are the same awful transfers (sub VHS quality) which have been (and still are) playing on the UK Movies4Men channel. So bad that they are not worth watching.

majke

Auditioning
Real Name
majke
I'm searching desperately the french version of "Battle of Neretva", i suppose that your DVD's don't have french subtitles?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.