What's new

BATTLE: LOS ANGELES (Trailer) (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Wow, this looks pretty intense! I might have to see this one!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Kick-Ass, another alien invasion film...Love it, looks fantastic.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I have to admit alien invasion flicks are getting overdone, but the moment I see one of these trailers, I feel like a damn hypocrite. I'm heading off tomorrow to see SKYLINE.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yep I think I'll pass on Skyline and wait for Battle: Los Angeles.

I've read a bunch of reviews and it seems they've done a Cloverfield on Skyline, with the whole film set in one building? Say it isn't so. Looking forward to member reviews.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
CLOVERFIELD. Excellent concept, shitty execution. I mean, to do the whole flick through the eyes of a camcorder? I don't think so. Is that what this movie is supposed to be? Shit, maybe, I'll end up skipping this after all. THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT is about the only movie where this hand-held-camera technique worked for me.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I hated Blair, didn't work for me, at all. So I'll never bother wasting my time with Cloverfield. But this, this looks much better then either of those. Of course, more trailers will tell but color me impressed so far.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Thank God, I didn't pay to see CLOVERFIELD, I saw it on the FX channel a few months ago, and, if they had just filmed the flick like an actual movie I would have liked it. THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT works for me, and it's the only one that does. Go figure. Yes, I agree, the trailer has me insanely impressed, but I'll have to hear more about this, before I commit to a ticket buy.

Fangoria has a review up of SKYLINE and, basically, they're saying it's a been-there-done-that flick. I choose to ignore that review; this is one of those flicks I just need to see myself. If anything for the sheer visual effects eye candy.

UPDATE: Found some images of the alien marauders on DREAD CENTRAL. Well, at least, they appear to be humanoid. I wonder how far that description extends after all the armor is removed. Now that I look at it, maybe, that's not armor at all.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Yeah, the reviews of Skyline are horrible, 11% on RT last I check, still won't keep me away, just wow me with special effects and cool creatures and I'll walk out smiling. Same thing I expect from this film as well.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron-P
just wow me with special effects and cool creatures and I'll walk out smiling. Same thing I expect from this film as well.

Ditto. As long as nothing insanely ridiculous happens, I expect to enjoy this flick.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Here's what I've read about the film...

Cheesy dialogue, poor plot, and the fact it takes place on, in and around one building. But, I've read the effects are top-notch.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Are you talking about Skyline or Battle:LA here?

Originally Posted by Ron-P

Here's what I've read about the film...

Cheesy dialogue, poor plot, and the fact it takes place on, in and around one building. But, I've read the effects are top-notch.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
The directors of Skyline, Colin and Greg Strause, are visual effects designers on Battle: Los Angeles.

They also worked on Avatar and 2012.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Trailer looks cool as hell and I've really got high hopes for this flick. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My biggest fear is this being another Skyline. The perfect example of a trailer lying about the actual film.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Trailer #2 has been revealed, and, I tell ya, this better be as good as it looks:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks