What's new

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (1 Viewer)

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
Brian Dobbs said:
This is George Clooney all over again.
I firmly believe that Clooney could have been a good Batman in a better movie. Ben's performance will depend in a large part on what Snyder and Goyer give him to work with. Sent from my SCH-S738C using HTF mobile app

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Gary Seven said:
I find these petitions rather laughable. I think Affleck will pull it off and I am willing to see the movie before trashing it.

Be thankful they didn't bring back Mr. Mom. :)
I liked Keaton but obviously he is too old for the part now, in fact i prefer the Gothic landscapes and fun of the original two Burton films to the newer ones, sure the Bale ones are good but the first two Burton movies are great.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Gary Seven said:
I find these petitions rather laughable. I think Affleck will pull it off and I am willing to see the movie before trashing it.

Be thankful they didn't bring back Mr. Mom. :)
Obviously, everyone has their own thoughts on the matter. There are many who DON'T think that Affleck will pull it off. You say toe-may-toe, I say toe-mah-toe. No need to take a side-swipe at an opinion just because it differs from yours.

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
Brandon Conway said:
Seems kinda vague to immediately jump to WW. Could be any female foe in the DC Universe.Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
Tess Mercer/Mercy Graves (Not sure if they're supposed to be the same character or not, but Lex's ass-kicking female sidekick) would be my guess.

Wonder Woman wouldn't go "toe-to-toe" with Batman, she would kill him pretty quickly in direct combat. He couldn't even use Kryptonite or block out the sun to have a better chance.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Stephen Brooks said:
Tess Mercer/Mercy Graves (Not sure if they're supposed to be the same character or not, but Lex's ass-kicking female sidekick) would be my guess.

Wonder Woman wouldn't go "toe-to-toe" with Batman, she would kill him pretty quickly in direct combat. He couldn't even use Kryptonite or block out the sun to have a better chance.
Or he could turn on the charm. In Bruce Timm's Justice League, she wanted him.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
PRO

[*]Zack Snyder
[*]Henry Cavill
[*]Larry Fong
[/list]
CON

[*]Ben Affleck
[*]David "I'm a Pulitzer Prize Winning Reporter" Goyer
[*]Batman VERSUS? Superman (hint: this concept is stupid)
[/list]

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Ben Affleck is a con but Zack Snyder is a pro? I'm not saying that Affleck's acting career has been perfect but even with his string of crappy romantic comedies and action movies in the late 90's and early 2000's, he's still got a much better body of work than Zack Snyder (I loved Watchmen, Man Of Steel was pretty good and Dawn Of The Dead, 300, Legends Of The Guardians and Sucker Punch are all terrible).

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
I've often looked at the way Batman is drawn in "The Dark Knight Returns" and tried to imagine what an actual human being with those proportions would look like. It's pretty horrifying.

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
So if rumors are true and WW and Nightwing and who knows who else are introduced in this sequel, is WB only making this movie for fanboys and girls? Obviously, fans will know who these characters are but will the general audience just be confused? If WB expects to make Avengers money, they need to make a film for a 4 quadrant audience, not just for fans. Does WB know what they're doing? Do they actually have a plan like Marvel does or are they just hoping for the best?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
SilverWook said:
If they ever adapted The Dark Knight Returns, I could see Keaton doing an older Bats.

Keaton's next movie looks interesting.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/first-look-michael-keaton-haunted-by-birdman-superhero-past/
What has been killing me, ABSOLUTELY KILLING ME!!! is that a Dark Knight Returns movie never got made. After seeing Sin City, The 300 and Watchmen adaptations, the best comic book graphic novel EVER!!(.my opinion of course) has still not seen a release and probably never will. Instead we see themes, and ideas of it ooze out into the current Batman films(especially Dark Knight Rises) and now Batman vs. Superman.....give me a break.
What do we a get? A fucking cartoon in two parts that is so far from the tone and source material I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Sorry, but I get passionate about The Dark Knight Returns and feel Frank Miller's masterpiece would be a cinematic triumph in the right hands.

But absolutely an age appropriate(not size) Keaton would be great if they ever did a real Dark Knight film.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Does WB know what they're doing?
Marvel is about to unleash a movie with a talking Racoon who fires a laser gun in a live action comic book movie..... and DC, after years of failed tries.... cant figure out how to make Wonder Woman work on film.

What theyre doing with Batman and this film..just seems to sound worse and worse.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Seems like they're doing more of a "Justice League Light" than an actual Man of Steel sequel. Wonder Woman has been cast. http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/180611-gal-gadot-cast-as-wonder-woman-in-batman-vs-superman
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks