What's new

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (2 Viewers)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Hold on. I was wondering why I haven't seen this reported on any of the usual sites. Then I realized that the Rolling Stone article used Cosmic Book News as the source for this information.They have a pretty bad reputation for posting bogus information to get hits. I'd love this to be true, but I'm not believing it at the moment unless I see it confirmed by The Hollywood Reporter or Deadline.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
My take on the Affleck casting; I don't really care. Michael Keaton and the '89 movie is my definitive Batman, mostly because I was a kid at the time so that's what Batman is to me. Ever since, I've been viewing the rest of the series with casual interest. I don't mind seeing new takes on the character, good or bad (in fact I find Kilmer's version more interesting than Bale's). And considering it seems to be mostly a MoS sequel it'll be interesting to see what they do with it (I liked MoS just fine, other than Snyder's strange visual style). As for Affleck, it surprised me mostly that he would sign on considering his choices since '06. I've always thought of him as a good actor, and I don't see why everyone is freaking out. It's a man who dresses up as a bat and fights crime. That leaves A LOT up to different interpretations. It may suck, it may rock. We'll just have to wait and see.

BTW, since someone brought it up, The Sum of All Fears made 193 Million on a 68 Million budget. That pretty darn good in my book. The main reason they didn't make another right away is that Clancy books are notoriously hard to adapt into screenplays.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs

Batman-eh-570x302.jpg

Superheroes-that-got-a-second-chance-568x1024.jpg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Chris Will said:
Maybe they'll cast Matt Damon as Robin.
It's funny how people- myself included- still think of Affleck and Damon as a team when they've really only done about two movies together (Good Will Hunting and Dogma) and a handful of small parts in the same movies (mostly cameos in Kevin Smith movies). Either way, it's been about 15 years since there was a movie where they both had actual significant parts in the same movie.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
EXTERIOR: NIGHTRobin has just delivered an incredible beat-down to the Man of Steel. Batman is standing triumphantly over Superman's bloodied form.Batman: "So how do you like DEM apples?"

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Stephen Brooks said:
I don't really believe it, but someone from Warners needs to put this Justin Bieber rumor to rest RIGHT NOW.
If they cast Justin Bieber i'm so not there.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
As far as rumors go, that's definitely up there with the worst. Yuck. Hope that doesn't turnout to be true. I wouldn't have thought about Afleck as a likely casting choice and I can understand some of the fan rage with that, but I think he'll be fine. This would turn the whole thing into a joke. I hope they aren't that dumb.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone besides elementary school age girls actually like Justin Bieber? I know people of all ages can't stop reading about him or looking at pictures from the stalker-azzi but there's literally no way that he would be cast in a movie aimed at anyone over the age of 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks