1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2016!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Sean Bryan, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    My God... the negative waves here. This has enormous potential and I am not ready to write anything off yet. I suspected the story would "continue" with the next film and I liked what was done with MOS for the most part. I'll wait and see before I react.

2. todd s

todd s Well-Known Member

I agree. I enjoyed MOS. Were there things as a Supes fan I didn't like? Absolutely. But, it still was an enjoyable film. I am not as bothered bu the Zod neck thing as others. He had no choice. I have heard that it will be discussed in the next film. Maybe, this is the impetus for Supes to come up with his no killing code. Regarding the damage to Metropolis. Of course it was extensive. It was supposed to be a end of the world scenario for humans. If you read the comics or watch the cartoons. Destruction like this happens often.

With regards to a Supes/Bats movie. If done right it can be great. One just has to watch the animated film "World's Finest" to see a good team up movie.

Here is scene that shows even though Bats may not have Supes powers...He can still hold his own.

On a side note. This might be the only way to introduce another Batman before a Justice League movie (if they won't use Bale).

FoxyMulder likes this.
  3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder 映画ファン

Malcolm
    That was quite good, i enjoyed it, is this from an animated film or a TV series. ?

4. todd s

todd s Well-Known Member

It was from the animated movie "World's Finest". Which was the. Broken down into 3 episodes of the Superman/Batman animated series.

FoxyMulder likes this.
  5. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    ^ That clip made me think..... it could be Batman who discovers kryptonite (in an effort to protect the Earth if Superman were to back off his commitment to mankind), which of course would backfire by getting into a villain's hands.

Stephen Brooks likes this.
  6. Stephen Brooks

Stephen Brooks Well-Known Member

Stephen
    I had the same exact thought. I'd also like to see Bruce Wayne swipe the blueprints for Lex Luthor's battle suit and use it for a new super Batsuit when he's hanging around with superpowered heros, but wear a much more traditional suit for his regular nightly patrols of Gotham. Sent from my SCH-S738C using HTF mobile app

7. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Well-Known Member

Sam Favate
    This movie could do a lot worse than using the animated series' "World's Finest" as a template.

8. mattCR

mattCR Well-Known Member
    HW Reviewer

Matt
    Man of Steel was a very polarizing film that way. People loved it or hated it.

This explains it better than anything else I've read:

9. Freddie Z

Freddie Z Well-Known Member

Freddie Zaragoza
    I especially loved the part where one of the reviewers was slamming his cell phones (or whatever) together describing the action in MOS. LOL!

10. MattBradley

MattBradley Well-Known Member

Matt Bradley
    In the comics, Superman gives Batman the kryptonite in case he ever gets out of control. Batman has been known to carry it in his utility belt that is lined with lead so Supes can't see it.

It sounds like this movie will put the 2 at odds with each other. If they are using The Dark Knight Returns as a template, then you will probably see a hell of a fight between them. I am really looking forward to it. Really happy to see the nod to this movie in I Am Legend coming true.

11. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Well-Known Member

Sam Favate
    That was inevitable.

12. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Well-Known Member

Simon Massey
    Disappointed with this - Man of Steel had enough problems that needed addressing in the next film and now they are throwing in Batman ? And this does indeed feel like its being rushed and shows a lack of confidence in the performance of Man of Steel ( it may not have met BO expectations domestically but it seems to have done pretty well internationally). They needed at least one more standalone Superman film and I would also argue for another standalone Batman film to establish the tone of that reboot before throwing them together.

13. RobertR

RobertR Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Why the big rush to do this movie? It doesn't really make sense.

14. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    I enjoyed Man of Steel, but I do feel like it was lacking a sense of fun. Overall I thought it was good, not great. It did leave me wanting to see where this new DC Universe goes from there, but also hoping they lighten things up a little bit next time. Warner Brothers has been trying to get a Justice League movie on track for years. I don't know why they have had such a hard time coming up with a solid plan. My guess is it is because they don't have a single, dedicated group tasked with managing their DC properties. Marvel Studios' success with their shared cinematic universe, culminating with the mega success of The Avengers, has definitely renewed their interest in doing their own shared universe, but they still don't seem to have a real plan. From what I've heard, Warner Brothers was interested in trying to get Nolan and Bale back for their Cinematic Universe, but Nolan only ever had interest in doing his own thing which was a self-contained, three part Batman story that wasn't linked to a universe with people with superpowers in it. It worked well for the first two, but that sensibility hurt The Dark Knight Rises, in my opinion. And it left things at a relatively difficult place if they want to continue using Bruce Wayne as Batman, and there's no way the audience wants to see a John Blake Batman in a Justice League movie. I think as they were making Man of Steel WB didn't know what was going to happen with Batman. They were exploring the option of either keeping Nolan's films as cannon or treating that as a "one-off" stand alone Batman story and completely rebooting the character for their shared DC Cinematic Universe, depending on whether or not Nolan and Bale wanted in. Rumors for a while have been that they were going to do a "reverse Marvel" and do the team-up first, followed by solo films that would spin off from that (with the exception of Man of Steel). So there would be a new interpretation of Batman that would be introduced in Justice League that would then move into his own new solo films afterwards. But the rumors of various plans keep changing. There has also been a long time plan to try to do a "World's Finest" Batman/Superman team up for years as well. Now at comic con they've committed to doing the Batman/Superman team up next. And they say the plan is to do Flash in 2016 followed by Justice League in 2017. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/superman-batman-film-set-comic-589521But they still just seem to be trying to figure out things as they go with no solid long term plan in place. Marvel Studios has an advantage, of course, because they are MARVEL Studios. They are a movie studio who's sole reason for existing is to make movies based on their comic book properties. There's leadership under Kevin Feige to develop solid plans for their shared universe films that goes several years ahead, and they've enlisted talent that knows comics, like Joss Whedon, to further help juggle the interconnection of all these movies. Warner Brothers seemingly has nothing like that, and I think that is going to make it difficult for them in establishing a coherent shared cinematic universe. But I'd still love to see them succeed.I just hope that they don't have a "vs" in the title. That's way too cheesy and makes me think of "Freddy vs Jason" and "Alien vs Predator". Hopefully they'll use World's Finest or something along those lines. But yeah, regardless of the artistic success, there no way this "tanks". Not sure its likely be beat Avengers: Age of Ultron. With Bale, maybe. But with a new take on Batman debuting in the film, probably not. I'm really not sure what to expect with the new Star Wars at the box office. But I'd imagine Avengers and Star Wars, and possibly this, will be the top earners for 2015.

15. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder 映画ファン

Malcolm
    2015 could be a crowded year as Independence Day 2, Avatar 2, Pirates Of The Caribbean 5, Jurassic Park IV, Terminator 5 and the Finding Nemo sequel will be out, i think ID: Part 2 may get delayed till 2016 and the 20th anniversary but for me i would say Avatar 2 will be the biggest box office hit of 2015, i'm thinking worldwide gross here.

16. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Yeah, I forgot about Avatar 2. That's definitely going to be one of the top contenders.

17. Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri Well-Known Member

Bryan
    My first reaction to this news was utter disappointment. The more I think about it, the more I've been trying to keep an open mind about the idea. Man of Steel wasn't perfect and I do think it's too early to reboot Batman, but there's a chance it could be an incredibly fun time at the theater.

At the end of the day and after all the complaining and nay-saying, most of us are going to see the movie no matter what.

18. Stephen Brooks

Stephen Brooks Well-Known Member

Stephen
    It's being reported that Bryan Cranston is the frontrunner to play Lex Luthor. Awesome actor, a little older than I would've picked but he could definitely pull it off. I know a lot of people wanted him for the new Jim Gordon, but it sounds like it might be quite a while before we get another proper solo Batman film. Sent from my SCH-S738C using HTF mobile app

19. todd s

todd s Well-Known Member

Now rumors are swirling that Mark Strong will play Lex.

20. MattBradley

MattBradley Well-Known Member

Matt Bradley