What's new

Batman The Complete TV Series Limited Edition (11/11)(Blu-ray)(DVD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'm not cancelling my Blu-Ray but I have given thought to getting the regular DVD release for the shelf. It's amusing how a lot of shows are being reissued in "shelf-friendly" packaging when the thought for that should have existed the first time.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I'm going to take the box apart for the bluray set. I'll put the season set cases on the shelf with the rest of my DVD's and blurays. I'll put the book souvenirs on the shelf with the books and put the Batmobile on display on my desk or the bookshelf. I don't have to keep it all in the box that they send it in. The cardboard box it comes in will go to recycling. I have no problem with the box set or its contents.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I'm still undecided on which set to get, I really want the Blu version but the limited edition part and the price are scaring me a bit. I knew this was going to be expensive and it is cheaper than I expected but I've never paid that much for any set. The closest was $100 for the Cylon head Battlestar Galactica box set but that was 10 years ago since then I've become very frugal. I have a limited budget for discs every month and always search for the cheapest deals possible, even if it means waiting years. I don't want to buy this then find out there's a cheaper, non-LE version out next year. I also don't want to settle for just the DVD set either. This is a really difficult decision...

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
For my own personal purchases, it usually comes down to whether I can play it on my PC, which eliminates Blu-Ray Only purchases, though I will buy Blu-Ray/DVD Combos if the price isn't too steep.

To be honest, with the BATMAN Series, I'm on the Fence where purchasing is concerned, though I'm glad that it is finally available, as this Series is certainly iconic. If anything, it'll likely be the individual DVD Only Seasons, as $100 plus at a time is simply out of my reach!

CHEERS! :)

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
I guess that for many, the deciding factor will be the picture quality on this remastered Blu-ray set. From the little I've seen so far it appears it will be fantastic.
BTW, some days ago I watched "Return To The Batcave", the TV movie from 2003 with many of the original stars and it was a lot of fun.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I just cancelled my preorder as well. I'll wait for individual Blu-ray sets. If for some reason that doesn't happen I'll just get the dvd sets. If the set had better bonus features I'd bite but as of now I can wait.Also, regarding the In Color Batman logo, I really hope it's included and I want it for every episode. The "Spider-Man: '67 Collection" has the "In Color" bumper on each episode which I love.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
For me, it comes down to Cost/Preference/Convenience. Also, if/when I decide to purchase the individual DVD Season Sets, there is the option of skipping the final season, as I don't recall being too fond of the Eartha Kitt as Catwoman Episodes, though if the price is right, I might bend for the sake of completion.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
moviebuff75 said:
When I saw this recently, I was surprised to see that Eartha was only in two or three episodes.
Hi Eric!

According to the IMDB, Eartha Kitt made five BATMAN appearances, which when considering that the Episodes were in two 1/2 Hour Parts, does indeed, translate to three separate Story-Lines. Assuming that the IMDB is correct, in one of the Episodes, Eartha must have appeared in just one of the segments!

Tony

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
In S3, they would tease the following week's show by having the next week's villain appear in a segment so two of those Eartha appearances are just the tag scenes of other episodes. Her actual episodes was one single part episode and a two=part team-up with Joker.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Tony Bensley said:
Hi Eric!

According to the IMDB, Eartha Kitt made five BATMAN appearances, which when considering that the Episodes were in two 1/2 Hour Parts, does indeed, translate to three separate Story-Lines. Assuming that the IMDB is correct, in one of the Episodes, Eartha must have appeared in just one of the segments!

Tony
By season 3 the ratings were down and it was pulled back to mostly 1 self-contained episode per week with only a handful of 2 and 3 parters. Eartha Kitt was Catwoman in 3 episodes:

#108 - Catwoman's Dressed to Kill (original air date 12/14/67)

And one of the few 2 parters:
#110 - The Funny Feline Felonies (original air date 12/28/67)
#111 - The Joke's on Catwoman (original air date 1/4/68)

She would have been in the "Coming next week" teaser on #107 and #109 to make for 5 total appearances.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
A collection of Merv Griffin episodes is being released. It is not inexpensive (although a great value for all that is included, IMO). One of the supplements of disc 3 is an interview with Adam West and Burt Ward promoting the Batman movie.

http://mervgriffin.com/dvd-box-set-breakdown/
September 1, 1966 – Adam West & Burt Ward
Merv welcomes Adam West and Burt Ward, stars of the Batman TV series. They were in New York promoting the Batman movie which was released in July of that year.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I cancelled my pre-order today. I still want it, but I can wait for that day in the distant future when someone posts here that the BD set is on sale for some insanely low price. In the meantime, I have a complete set of episodes in near DVD quality which will do just fine.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I think a big issue with selling Complete Series Sets is that unfortunately, a lot of Consumers (Myself, included!) simply don't have the $$$ to fork over all at once!

This is indeed, too bad, given the amount of investment that was put into making this iconic Series look its very best and presumably Unedited, with Original Music. While I do hope that initial sales for BATMAN are sufficient to justify the expense of its preparation, there does seem to be a serious rash of Pre-order cancellations with still over a month to go before the November 11, 2014 Release date!

CHEERS!

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
In order to make it affordable for me I have been buying over the last few months Amazon.com gift cards at grocery stores. I have redeemed them at the website and applied the gift card balances to my Batman Blu-Ray set order. It is totally paid off a month before the release date so I can enjoy it when it arrives at my doorstep on November 11th. I thought the complete series release would be around $250 and I was thrilled that it was only $179.99!

I am not missing out on this release at all. I watched the show when it first aired on ABC when I was five, almost six years old. I have been a fan of the show ever since as well as a fan of Batman in general. I have bought comic books and other home video releases of Batman movies and TV shows. Adam West autographed my VHS copy of the '66 Batman movie. However, the original TV series with Adam West and Burt Ward has been one of my holy grail shows to get.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I am not singling anyone out, but to be perfectly honest I can not relate to this sudden obsession with thinking the set is priced too high when for years we took for granted the idea that price was not an issue with this title. And I really can not relate to the idea of hanging on to a boot set and waiting for a price drop.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Greg Chenoweth said:
In order to make it affordable for me I have been buying over the last few months Amazon.com gift cards at grocery stores. I have redeemed them at the website and applied the gift card balances to my Batman Blu-Ray set order. It is totally paid off a month before the release date so I can enjoy it when it arrives at my doorstep on November 11th.
This is a GREAT idea. :thumbsup: I wish I'd thought of it and been doing it all this time.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I don't necessarily think the BD set is priced too high. The simple, perhaps blasphemous truth is: I rarely watch the set I have.

My disc collection contains more than 6000 DVDs and BDs. Over the last 15 years, it's blatantly obvious to me that out of all those discs, I only watch (and rewatch) about 500 of them. The same 500. Year in and year out. And Batman isn't in that group. If it was, I'd pay the premium. It's not, so I will wait for the price to come down and buy the legit release at that point.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I'm as broke as anyone(I've had serious medical issues lately), but I agree, Jack. I'm selling other stuff I don't need so I can buy this set. I've waited forever for it, no way I'm missing out on it. Life is too short. But if someone really can't afford it and doesn't have other collectibles or movies to sell to fill the void, I can understand that, too.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Jack P said:
I am not singling anyone out, but to be perfectly honest I can not relate to this sudden obsession with thinking the set is priced too high when for years we took for granted the idea that price was not an issue with this title.
Basically, I agree with you but I also think that before Christmas, it's going to be on sale for a little less than the current pre-order price. I'm going to stick with my pre-order but I don't blame anyone for waiting a month or so to save $20 or $30.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks