What's new

'Batman' Boxed Set, March 10, Burton & Schumacher (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Damn. In this case, I only want 1-2 from Burton.. I hate those godawful Schumacher-films..

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Well aware of that.

I only pointed it out because at the time of the DVD releases, there were a lot of complaints from US/R1 people who preferred those UK/International DVD covers instead of the original theatrical poster covers.

With these BDs, that seems to have been addressed.

As for the issue of packaging, because there are SO MANY cover alternative sites and people creating their own covers for different cases anyway, packaging isn't much of an issue as much as it used to be....for some people. I loathe bilingual covers that Canada gets screwed with and sometimes print American cover scans just to avoid that damn French subtitle under the English stylized film title and rear description. What's most important is what's inside the package...as long as it's not double-sided. Changing to custom packaging is an option for preserving a uniform look on a shelf nowadays. If discs come in something like a digipak (which I hate more than any form of packaging) it's a bitch to deal with because of potentially damaged discs, which is why I'll never get one through mail order, but that won't stop me from enjoying the content inside. I put up with getting all the ANGEL TV DVD sets that came in digipaks, only to see future releases in slimcases. That royally pissed me off, since slim cases are better for those multi-disc sets (and much safer and easier) but that would have meant waiting several years before enjoying the show on disc. To each their own.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink

Wanting a movie to be packaged in the normal, standard packaging indeed seems perfectly rational (I even agree for the most part, though I kind of like slimcases). But placing so much emphasis on the packaging that you'd forego a purchase you'd otherwise have made for that reason alone is a little insane.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I ended up ordering the UK imports (Batman & Returns) from Amazon. I was sort of on the fence about 'Forever' but figured it's something I'd rather rent one day instead of owning.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I saw these were released in the UK in December. Any screen shots or reviews on them yet?

Thanks!

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

Here are some screenshots of Batman and Batman Returns. They both look good, I think. Returns obviously looks better than the first one, but that's to be expected.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Hope so although I could be interested in Returns too if that was also released separately. I guess I can always buy the UK version for that, assuming it's not missing anything crucial.

_Man_

Brett Halsey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
Does anybody know if this boxset is still coming out on the 3/10?

DVD Pacific lists it as discontinued, no listing on the WB site....was this boxset actually offically announced to come out by WB?

Thanks in advance for any info

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just an anecdote. Batman and Batman Returns have been staples of my VHS and DVD library (own two versions on DVD). But thanks to Chris Nolan's efforts, I surprisingly have found my interest in picking these up on Blu to be...greatly diminished. Odd, but there it is.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I still like 'Batman' and 'Returns'. I must agree 'Begins' and 'The Dark Knight' are better, but Burton's movies are still good. Especially 'Returns' is underrated. The good thing about Burton's films is that they are so different from Nolan's. So they can both be enjoyed, albeit for different reasons.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I'll be buying the UK BD's of BATMAN (1989) and BATMAN RETURNS directly from Amazon.co.uk. They're the only two films from the 1989-1997 series I want to own.
To the lesser informed/don't-like-any-type-of-special-feature on 5" discs, BATMAN BEGINS, THE DARK KNIGHT et. al are part of a new series of BATMAN films. Bring on the third film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks