What's new

Batman Begins Deluxe edition problematic (1 Viewer)

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I bought the BB Deluxe Edition. Played it all the way through and also the second disk without a problem on a Panasonic S55S. BTW, I also completely missed the layer change so maybe I was tired and had one beer too many. Where is it?

Ross Waite

Stunt Coordinator
This may be unrelated and/or covered in another thread, but when I finally found a copy of the deluxe edition this past weekend, I mentioned that they were difficult to find. The clerk replied that this was due to a pressing error in the second run of the discs, and as a result, stores were no longer getting shipments of the deluxe edition - thus creating a limited deluxe edition.

It was his contention that they were not going to press any more DE sets - so get them now (this was mentioned after I made the purchase, and was not a ploy to get me to buy the set).

IF the problem is not in the player and IF the above tale is true (I'm a bit skeptical) perhaps you purchased one of the faulty second runs?

I hope you find a solution to your problem.

-R

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

It seems pretty unlikely that WB spent the money on creating the extras and would just not make any more discs (or money) due to a pressing error. There might be some problem but the disc is gonna available as soon as Warners can get it out the door.

Jeremy_Steffen

Auditioning
I received the 2 Disc Deluxe Edition of Batman Begins for Christmas. When I put the special features disc into my player, the disc would stop after the Warner Bros. logo was shown. I pressed "Sequential Play" and the theatrical movie (not the special features as advertised) played. Now, this is a pressing mistake to the extreme. Anyone know how I can rectify this? Warner Home Video makes it impossible to get in touch with them.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
No problems here (2-disc deluxe version) on a Denon DVD-1600 with either disc...

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
Rented it last week and played fine on our Yamaha C950 and no pause for the layer change.

We bought the copy we rented for $7.99 minus the rental fee. They had so many of them this one looked new, hardly been rented.

BruceLongee

Agent
I just ran into the same problem - got a replacement copy from Amazon, and it has the same problem as well. The 2nd disc freezes up after the FBI warning and WB logo on both of my Sony players as well as PowerDVD on my laptop. If I manually went to Title 1 in PowerDVD, it started playing the movie! But after an hour of that, it would hang as well. I could also find bits and pieces of the special features. This thing is a disaster.

Anyhoo, I found this on WB's site:

"I purchased a defective DVD - I returned it for a replacement but the replacement is defective as well. What can I do?

Please return the product to us so that our technical department can review it. Please note that the DVD must be returned in its original case. If you are returning a box set, you must also send the whole box set back. Please return to the following address: Warner Home Video, 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91522: Attn: Business Affairs. Once the product is received and reviewed someone will be in touch. Please remember to include your contact information."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks