What's new

Batman Animated DVD Release Date? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Anthony
Here's some more info :

The four disc set will contain the first 27 episodes of Batman: The Animated Series in production order, with two-part episodes grouped together. The DVD set will be accompanied by both Challenge of the Superfriends - The Complete Series and Justice League: Starcrossed The Movie. The Justice League disc, shipping on July 13th, 2004, is a single disc set collecting the unaired second season Justice League finale "Starcrossed."

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks Gord! I'm not too happy with the cover art but I'm really psyched about having these on DVD. I guess I'll just have to make my own covers *cough* steal Tim-H's *cough* :D

Chris S.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I wasn't to impressed with the cover art for Batman but atleast these will be in sets instead of those annoying single discs....I have the first 3 volumes if anyone wants to buy em. Now that the set is coming out, having these is driving me crazy and I am trying to get rid of them. I wonder if they'll be worth more money later?

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
The set looks good, although I'm surprised that the extras are less then what I was expecting (from what I was told from various sources). The cover art is alright, but I'd like a better picture before I make my prognosis.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
I don't care about the artwork, just give me the discs!!!

I'm wondering what the release pattern is for these? every four months???

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I was also wondering if anyone had a good guess as to what episodes, and how many, would be on the set?

Bryan

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Packaging is pretty much what I expected, sadly. But hey, it's the delicious cream-filled insides that matter. I would have liked something a bit more Bruce Timm-ish, though.

And I was hoping for more in the way of extras. So much inspiration & hard work went into making this show so great, but these features seem on a par with the single-disc releases...I'll just pretend my copy of Batman Animated is an extremely oversized booklet.

Chris-S: Come July, if you still want some cover art, you just holler.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
at about 27 eps for the first set, it's probably going to take four sets before they get to the 'revamped' eps (which are the ones i really want).

there's some good eps in here (the clayface 2 parter was high point of the entire , as was the 1 st Mr Freeze ep), but i'm going to have to find a really good discount first.

i'll be first in line when set 5 hits though.

and yeah, i'm not a big fan of the cover art here either

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan

By the time that comes out, you can give it to me as a present for earnind my Ph D. Paul :D

Thanks for the Ep. count, I think I'm going to find an episode guide to see what eps we're getting.

Bryan

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Artwork is ok, could be better. But alas, its the content that matters and I will be too bust watching the discs to care about the artwork too much. My only disappointment is the same as Samurai Jack. My favorite episodes will not show up until Season 2! I cant wait for the Keyodi episdoes to come into these sets.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
As we said, the exact title is Batman: The Animated Series - Volume 1; it and Challenge of the SuperFriends - The 1st Season are both part of "The DC Comics Classic Collection". Better artwork will be available later today, I think, and you'll be able to read the details right off the box.

Oh, and I don't think it's precisely 27 episodes either. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks