What's new

BATMAN (1989) & sequels (STREET DATE: Oct. 18, 2005) (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I got the Batman box set for Xmas, and I don't really see anything wrong with the first one, it looked pretty good to me.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Well, from last night's chat, it sounds as if a Batman: SE is very far away - I mean when is the new movie due? Two or three years away? I should have held onto my original copy. I sold it last year thinking an SE would be here by now.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Crud. I was holding out buyin' the current release. Guess I won't wait any longer... :frowning:

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
New details about the fourthcoming special edition DVD release of the 1989 Batman film have emerged. These details below should only be treated as rumour at this point. The information is from www.batman-on-film.com.
It will be a two disc release:

DISC ONE

Brand New Digitally Re-mastered THX Certified Anamorphic Wide-screen Transfer 1:85.1

1. Tim Burton, Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson Commentary Track
2. Jon Peters and Peter Guber Commentary Track
3. Isolated Score with Optional Danny Elfman Commentary Track.
4. Bat trivia

DISC TWO

1.The Summer of Batman ( Feature Length All new Documentary )
2.Bat be Gone ( Deleted Scenes- filmed and Unfilmed hosted by Tim Burton )
3.MUSIC VIDEOS( Prince’s Bat-Dance and Party Man and Elfman’s Batman Theme )
4.Original 1989 ABC 20/20 Spot
5.Original 1989 HBO making of segment
6.Original Various 1989 Cast and crew Interviews
7.6 Tv spots, 1 Diet Coke Spot, Teaser Trailer, Full Trailer, Soundtrack Tv spot, Score Tv spot
8.Still Photos, Production Notes, Promotional Materials, Storyboards.

DVD ROM FEATURES on Disc 2

1.Script/ Storyboard to screen.
2.Web links.

PLUS

10 page booklet featuring newly found photos.

Plus mini versions of the Teaser, Advance and DVD posters.
'Mr. Creaker' It reads:

I was also told that BATMAN RETURNS is getting a similar treatment. Both discs should be out around Christmas time, There is a possibility that BATMAN FOREVER will also be released with them, Not to sure about BATMAN AND ROBIN. From what I’m hearing Joel Schmacher already started a reworked cut of BATMAN FOREVER sometime after B&R. You may have even read that around 1998 it was planned for a fall release. This may possibly get released as a Special Edition this fall, But that is only if Schmacher and the WB work out some time for it to be properly done. Burton had some people working on these discs over the past year while he was filming big fish. As of now the commentary tracks have not been recorded but should be later next month after Burton is done with post production of Big Fish. All people and Features on this and Batman Returns have been yet to be finalized but everything seems to be rolling just fine. My source has been hooking me up, He let me scan this cover art and said he is going to be sending me some more good stuff as it comes in. So hopefully that Batman Returns Cover art won’t be too far off. He also told me to expect Alternate or New Covers for BATMAN ( as you can see ), BATMAN RETURNS and BATMAN FOREVER ( If it makes it ). This is being done so people do not confuse the new discs with the older ones.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
he did a better job doing the commentary on the pee-wee's big adventure.. with paul reubens.. perhaps he does a commentary with keaton.. it would be much better.

JACOB

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
After reading all of those potential extras, I'm salivating. Give me this DVD now!

This is one film that is in dire need of a new transfer.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
If this is true, I'll be there on release day.
"Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight? It's something I ask of all my prey. I just...like the sound of it."

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Being THX this scares me - usually this means loads of edge enhancement. On any rate, I've been waiting for a SE and better transfer.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
With their classic horror/sci-fi releases this past week, ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD and other classics this fall and the floodgates being opened for classic films on DVD, WB is fast becoming my favorite studio for DVD's. If this news is true, I'll be positively ecstatic!
EDIT: One thing that makes me sceptical-the Peters/Guber commentary. I'm pretty sure these two guys aren't on friendly terms anymore, so I don't know if they would sit down and do a commentary together.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
:rolleyes

even if this was true (and not some naive fanboy wet-dream), WB would NOT release it until the next theatrical movie is ready to be released.
no matter how much you want to believe it,
the 4th or 5th corporate commandment is
"thou shalt not release a catlog title singularly, when it can be whithheld to further franchise exploitation at a later date."

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
The THX thing seems like a give-away this is bogus, and I also agree with Larry on the Peters/Guber commentary, which sounds unlikely. This is one of those too good to be true scenarios.

Also, as Paul stated, with Christopher Nolan's Batman apparenly still on track, you won't be seeing a Batman SE until it hits theaters...Warner actually said that themselves on their last chat here on HTF.

Sorry to burst your bubble guys...nobody wants a new soundtrack and transfer for Batman more than I do (especially a new soundtrack!).

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
"even if this was true (and not some naive fanboy wet-dream), WB would NOT release it until the next theatrical movie is ready to be released.
no matter how much you want to believe it,
the 4th or 5th corporate commandment is
"thou shalt not release a catlog title singularly, when it can be whithheld to further franchise exploitation at a later date."

Do you say this because it's WB, or because you just think so?

I mean, they are releasing Indiana Jones onto DVD with special features, and the fourth one won't be out for a year or two.

If you think about it, maybe they are considering releasing SE's now, gathering some interest back into the franchise, and then releasing ANOTHER edition a-la Terminatior 2's "EXTREME EDITION" or another "MIB" SE to get people to double dip again.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I also think this is too good to be true. Those specs look like a fan's wish list of stuff, rather than the real thing. The thing that makes it look bogus is the commentary track with Burton, Keaton, and JACK NICHOLSON! Has Nicholson ever done a commentary track? I doubt he'd start with this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks