What's new

Barnes & Noble Launches Video Service (1 Viewer)

sbuberl

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
Saw this earlier. I am a Nook user (but I don't have one of their tablets), so I hope this helps B&N hold on to their share of the ereader market.
It'll be nice to finally have more UV retailers than Vudu out soon. They'll also beat Amazon to the punch with UV support even though Amazon joined UV back in January.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Originally Posted by sbuberl /t/324011/barnes-noble-launches-video-service#post_3979954
Saw this earlier. I am a Nook user (but I don't have one of their tablets), so I hope this helps B&N hold on to their share of the ereader market.
It'll be nice to finally have more UV retailers than Vudu out soon. They'll also beat Amazon to the punch with UV support even though Amazon joined UV back in January.
When do you expect Amazon to release UV titles?

sbuberl

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
Towergrove said:
When do you expect Amazon to release UV titles?
I don't even know anymore. Back in January, it seemed Amazon would be first digital retailer to launch UV support (even if it was just "trial support for one studio"). But Vudu launched support first in April. Since then I think I heard DECE/UV mention Amazon UV maybe once and no real news about it since. I don't know if something's holding up up the works or who is to blame. Hopefully, Amazon will still roll out this year. But at this rate, I wouldn't be terribly shocked if it didn't.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I think Amazon is going to wait until they have their catalog available in the CFF format before they launch, so people will be able to download the movies without problems. They probably heard all the complaints people have about not being able to download with vudu and Flixster, and they probably want to avoid that. But the CFF is finalized now, and services are ramping up encodes using it, so it shouldn't be too long before they are ready.
http://www.sacbee.com/2012/09/17/4827188/deluxe-launches-managed-workflow.html

sbuberl

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
Joshua Clinard said:
I think Amazon is going to wait until they have their catalog available in the CFF format before they launch, so people will be able to download the movies without problems. They probably heard all the complaints people have about not being able to download with vudu and Flixster, and they probably want to avoid that. But the CFF is finalized now, and services are ramping up encodes using it, so it shouldn't be too long before they are ready.
http://www.sacbee.com/2012/09/17/4827188/deluxe-launches-managed-workflow.html
Maybe. Then that'll definitely be next year since CFF won't be available to consumers until at least February or March of 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks