What's new

Barbra Streisand: The Concert (1 Viewer)

JasonLH

Grip
Yes, this question is about a Barbra Streisand DVD (please don't all groan at once). The DVD release of Barbra Streisand: The Concert has been announced, postponed, and reannounced several times by Sony/Columbia Music Video. As of now, it's still on many of the canceled/postponed DVD lists. Does anyone have any information about this title? Will it ever be released on DVD? I've been lingering here and reading the boards for a while. I figured that if anyone knew something about a possible DVD release, it would be someone from the HTF.
Thank you for any information you can provide.
Cheers,
Jason

Lee Bombard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee
Hi Jason. Welcome to the forum.
If you're talking about the live concert from Streisand's tour about 4-5 years ago, I think it was taped in Anaheim California, it was originally announced way back in 1997 or 1998. It was then delayed a couple of times and has since just gone away.
I haven't heard anything about it in the last couple of years.
However, FUNNY GIRL was just announced today. That should hold you a while.
Regards,
Lee

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
If you're talking about the New Years Eve Concert from the MGM Grand 2000, it's been out on DVD for some time. Fox TV actually broadcast a slightly shortened version of it many months ago.
[Edited last by Peter Kline on August 13, 2001 at 05:31 PM]

JasonLH

Grip
Thanks for the information. I was indeed referring to the 1994-95 tour, which was taped in Anaheim. It was released on VHS, LD, and VCD. The Babs fans are still awaiting a DVD version. I heard about the Funny Girl release a few days ago, and as a musical lover I'm very excited about it. Hopefully Hello Dolly isn't too far off either.
Peter, I'm aware of the Timeless DVD and have it here in my collection.
Thanks again for responding. I was worried my post might just get overlooked.
Cheers,
Jason

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget "Snow White" will have Ms. Streisand singing "Someday My Prince Will Come" on it. (I wonder if it's audio only?)
------------------

JasonLH

Grip
According to Disney's official Snow White DVD website, it will be presented over a video montage from the film. There is a 30 second video clip of this special feature available on the the website.
Cheers,
Jason

Cary

Stunt Coordinator
It's currently not on the Sony Music release schedule for the rest of 2001.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
I think it's pretty safe to assume that the release has been delayed so as not to eat into the sales of the more recent TIMELESS concert, which duplicates a good number of the songs.
[Edited last by Rob W on August 13, 2001 at 07:03 PM]

JasonLH

Grip
I think that makes perfect sense, though I wonder why it was delayed orginally back in 1997/98. I guess I'll just have to wait this one out a while longer in the hope that it is eventually released. It really is a very different performance and feel from the recent Timeless production, and will remain at the top of my live concert DVD wish list. I suppose I could always get the VCD.... j/k
Now, anyone have information on Hello Dolly?
Jason

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
If you search the transcript for the recent live chat with Fox you'll find that it's expected sometime next year, although no definite date was given.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Columbia Rercords will be releasing a newly recorded Christmas CD by Streisand in November.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks