What's new

Banana Plugs? (1 Viewer)

elite-fusion

Agent
Real Name
Eric
hey guys
was just wondering what are good but not too expensive banana plugs?

because i was looking to get for all my rooms in the house, because i already bought the wall panel for 4 speakers, you can see in the attached photo how it looks, i was bored and took a picture lol
i love monoprice :)
anyways...what are good banana plugs? because i finally got the s9100THX from Onkyo, i got two Jamo E680 Standing speakers to replace the two front speakers from the Onkyo system, got wire, got the wall panel installed today in all the rooms, took about 20-30 mins per room lol, but now i need some banana plugs to use with everything :)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If those connectors can accept bare wire, then use that. Banana connectors are great when you connect / disconnect speakers all of the time. If you really want/need them then Parts Express or Monoprice are the go-to sites.

elite-fusion

Agent
Real Name
Eric
monoprice i love as is already, but thier banana plugs are a bit costy compared to what i found online

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Nakamichi-Speaker-banana-plug-connector-24K-0153846_W0QQitemZ180443364086QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a03433af6

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Nakamichi-BFA-Banana-Plug-Connector-24K-0153845-USA_W0QQitemZ350271555598QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518dcfc80e

either one of those, i dont know if they are any good, but nakamichi is a good brand and for 50 pairs (100 plugs) for 90 bux, thats less then a dollar a peice

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I use banana plugs on all my connections for easier hookup -- especially at the receiver end, where space is tight, making it difficult to insert bare wire in the binding posts. Anyway, I purchased the plugs at Radio Shack and www.partsexpress.com . Plugs that handle 12ga cable were $4 - $5 per pair.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Those are not made by "Nakamichi" the audio company... That name is being used illegally on those to fool buyers into purchasing by brand name.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks