What's new

Bale looses it during filming... (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

You mean....this thread?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This thread went off the tracks, careened over a cliff in the pouring rain, crashed into the rocks below, exploded into a ball of flame from three different angles Michael Bay style, a long time ago.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Not to detract from the cleverness of your phrasing (which I very much enjoyed
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
), but what tracks? Threads like this one have nowhere to go and no real subject to explore. They're Rorschach tests for the participants (myself included), and often fascinating for what they reveal. There are participants in this thread with whom I almost never agree in HT discussions, and yet I found myself nodding as I read what they've written here. It's always good to be reminded how multi-faceted people can be.

As for the instigating incident, it's already yesterday's news.

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan
Bale said he was sorry, the matter was obviously resolved. What's there to discuss?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Michael, I stand corrected. This thread never had "tracks" to begin with. I just didn't take the time to come up with another word.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
No regrets here. "Tracks" led to such a lovely image of a Michael Bay fire ball. In my mind's eye, I pictured a certain poster flying through the air crying, "Curse you, Polanski!" in a tone very much like the Wilhelm Scream. :D

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Wilhelm? I'm not familiar with that. The only "Scream" that comes to mind is Münch.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
It's a famous sound effect in movies. I'm pretty sure there's a least one thread about it in the Movies forum, and it even has a Wikipedia entry.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

The Wilhelm scream is a recognizable scream that has sounded off in many films (including the Star Wars and Indiana Jones films). It is the scream that the Stormtrooper makes when he is shot on the other side of the Death Star bridge by Luke in Star Wars. It was the scream that a guy made as he was knocked off the cliff by a dinosaur during the stampede in Peter Jackson's King Kong.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Never mind Münch, what about that Gauguin guy? Another one who screwed up a respected career (as a stockbroker) because of a penchant for young girls (and yet people still buy his work). :D

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm sure someone's working out a theory of how he illustrates Hollywood's hypocrisy at this very moment. :laugh:

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
And better yet ape it. As it happens, I have an artist friend whose main influence is Gauguin. I know that because (1) even to a philistine like me, Gauguin's style is unmistakable and oozes out of her work, and (2) uh... she said so :P

--
H

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I thought this was done but I keep seeing talking heads all over TV mouthing off about Bale and how much of a diva move it was, boycotting his movies, going to anger management groups, quitting movies, etc.
I can not believe that so many are willing to write this guy off because he got mad. That's it, he got mad and yelled. Who the hell has not gotten mad at one point in their life? If you haven't you can make these statements. Ghandi maybe? Hell even Ghandi probably said, "can I get a "God" damn hamburger" at least once in his life. Well may be not, but you get my point.
Everyone gets a little more mad than they should have at one point in their life, and It just pisses me off to see so many people throw rocks from their own glass houses.
And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this is how he should behave, and if he does it's Ok. It's not Ok, this is not how anyone deserves to be treated, but I can forgive what he did. I understand anyone in that type of situation and how someone could be driven to this brief, and rare, over reaction.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Well, I think Bale, who I do not know, owes me an apology because he yelled at someone else I do not know, about something that's none of my business.

--
H

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Clearly you are a starstruck celebrity apologist for not caring about this minor incident. If you weren't so blinded by celebrity, you'd worry a lot more about Hollywood stars and their tantrums.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks