What's new

Bad service with AV123 (1 Viewer)

Chris.R

Auditioning
I think maybe since Mark did respond so well, the thread title should be edited to read: "Bad service with AV123...turned great." Just my opinion.

Chris

Robert Ross

Agent
I know this was not your intent, but I hope in the future posters don't use these forums as a podium to manipulate companies like AV123 to go above and beyond.

As you said, this was not my intention and I hope no one thinks I did this expecting to get what I did. I don't post much on these boards and really only posted on here when I first considered buying a set of speakers (which was how I was came upon this company). And although I figured someone from this company monitored these boards, I had no idea the president/founder would respond or even know about the post. Someone mentioned that his email is all over these boards, if I would have known that I would've contacted him instead of creating this topic, but as I said, I don't frequent these boards. I did do a quick search of topics about Rockets, just to see if there were any similiar topics before I created this one, but saw none. After I posted it though, I did regret some of my wording and if I had the chance I would've made it less "angry". If anything, I hope this situation makes the company stronger and more reputable.

Mark, I'm glad your staff convinced you from doing the personal install, my house is an embarrasing mess! :p)

Robert Ross

Agent
I think maybe since Mark did respond so well, the thread title should be edited to read: "Bad service with AV123...turned great." Just my opinion.

Can I do this myself? If so, I will do it (I'm sure MLS hates seeing this topic title being constantly bumped back to the top), just need to be shown how.

dave alan

Second Unit
Those of us who've dealt with and/or met Mr. Schifter pretty much saw this outcome coming from the first post.

He's one extraordinary guy who runs an extraordinary Company.

How he finds the hours in a day to do this sort of thing is beyond me, but he does...consistently.

Robert...you're gonna love this upgrade.

BTW, IMO, Steve, Greg, Sean, etc., are all great people too.

Robert Ross

Agent
Tried it, can only change the message, not the title. Maybe a moderator can drop by and change it for me? I give them permission.

Arnold_R

Stunt Coordinator
Glad everything worked out for the better Robert :D I had no doubt you'd be taken care of.

I've purchased numerous products(speakers, watches, cables, T-shirts)from AV123 and didn't have any mishaps. I still have approx $5K+ on pre-order items, and I have FULL confidence with AV123's service, if I should have any problems, I will be taken care of.

Anyway, glad everything worked out for you.

Arnold aka Trekker

Robert Ross

Agent
Just got an email from Greg. He says the sub will be shipped out tomorrow via overnight, so I should get it wednesday. This is great! I chose the Ebony, because Rosewood was out of stock. The Rosewood would've matched the rest of my speakers better, but I really don't care, it will be out of sight anyway. They also offered Maple, but it's $150 more than the other two, and I really saw no reason to be greedy (plus it wouldn't have matched at all). Again, I'll keep you posted as to when I get it.

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Robert...

Just logging back on here to check on this thread...

If you want Rosewood... you can have one of mine... :) I'm heading for New York on Thursday and home for only a short while as it's back to China and Russia for me...

PLEASE let us know first thing... we can get you a Rosewood for sure...

... and while here, please allow me to thank you all for your very kind comments and support... It's been an interesting day here today with these CS issues... and the guys (and gal, Suzanne) all chipped in to help us get it worked out... Everyone here was worried as they all knew today was "new car day" for my family... and I was sort of nervous about it all... looks like we all made progress today...

In any event... we ARE here for YOU... PLEASE let me know...

All the best...

mls

Joey_N

Agent
Mark, haven't bought from you (yet), but your attention to such matters speaks volumes.

It's this kind of effort which prompted me to buy my SVS sub 2 years ago. Your approach in this matter has put your company directly in my short list once I'm ready to upgrade my speakers.

Robert Ross

Agent
Nah, the ebony is fine. Like I said, you can't even see where I place my sub anyway, so no big deal. But thanks for the offer.

ChrisYK

Stunt Coordinator
Wow... I'm speechless after having read this thread.
I am in the market for home theater speakers and while a Rocket package had been tentatively penciled in towards the top of the list, reading this post puts AV123 head and shoulders above the rest.

I still have to audition the speakers to make sure I like the sound (which I don't doubt I will after having read exhaustively about them), but I'm glad I'll be able to purchase with full confidence that the company truly and sincerely backs their products.

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
Hi

Just as a personal postscript to this story with the (surprise) happy ending:

I don't think anybody should question Robert's right to post about his unhappiness with the service he received. A month and a half delay is poor service. Jumping on Robert will only put off the next poster with equally compelling grievances.

I'm delighted Robert had a successful outcome thanks to his post here. It's wonderful how a public laundry washing focusses the minds of the failing party. It always helps to hone the service offered by the company involved. If they care. In this case they obviously do.

Nobody should feel pressured to remain silent when subjected to these sorts of delays and disappointing service. Your loyalty to a product doesn't improve the service offered by one iota. Complaining calmly, politely and without exaggeration (as Robert did) works to improve the whole industry.

Every time such a post appears those that care check their own performance. It keeps them on their toes! Knee-jerk loyalty achieves nothing but increased sales. Possibly to a company that doesn't really care about service.

Congratulations Robert! :) Well done AV123! :) (eventually) :wink:

ChrisBee

Mike Liaury

Auditioning
Robert, if you can't get the thread title changed, maybe the next best thing is to edit the original post to say something at the beginning to the effect of:

HAPPY ENDING!!!!!

ChrisPATT

Stunt Coordinator
I would also like to add that I don't believe there was anything wrong with Robert posting about his problems. If this had been about Best Buy or some other store, no one would have a problem. It appears that he did contact the company several times to have his problem resolved. It didn't appear that he was trying to trash 123, but instead voicing some frustration - frustration that any of us would feel had we gone through Robert's experience. Could his post cause others not to purchase from 123? I'm sure, and that is a good thing. Otherwise companies would not have a incentive to ensure quality CS.

It is good to see that 123 stepped up and resolved the problem. Good for them!

BryanZ

Screenwriter
It is always wonderful to see a situation come to a happy ending, albeit sometimes after a customer vents their frustration. My experience with them has been excellent. With nOrh it was the same. (Upgrading my system from nOrhs to Rockets.) My only complaint doesn't have to do with the sound or outstanding customer service from AV123. It is the fact that bigfoot, the Rocket RSC200 center, is causing me to redo my flexy rack. :angry: ;) Now, if only the backordered RS550 riser stands would hurry up and arrive ...

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator
... :)

Thanks everyone for your kind replies and comments...

I know BryanZ... that BigFoot is one big-bad-boy...

The new RSC100 MKII (aka LittleFoot) will be better for many folks... Lovely 4-driver / 3-way design... only smaller...

All the best...

mls

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.