What's new

Bad movies good for a laugh (2 Viewers)

ForresterW

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if these two were mentioned but Balistic: Ecks Vs. Sever and Catwoman is funny. Grab a friend, give him a beer and have yourselves a party.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Good call, Forrester, and when you aren't laughing, Balistic Ecks vs Sever and Catwoman had two hot women to look at, Lucy Liu and Halle Berry.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Mommie Dearest (Though people think those of are deranged who laugh. This movie is camp.)

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.

Sleepaway Camp 2 (For some reason this always entertained me it so ridiculous). The first one was tough to sit through and was just plain bad IMO. Not even fun.

Maniac. I thought the movie was disturbing when I saw it. I cant say as if I ever laughed at it. It's not something I would watch again. It wasnt scary really. It was just kind of gross to me. Not a fun movie I would say.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Yes, Catwoman is good for a laugh. A friend of ours bought it, blind-buy on DVD. Apparently, my DVD player has good taste, and refuses to play it. My brother is currently out in the living room, laughing like a fool. He agrees with your comment, John, that it least has a hot woman.

He was wolf whistling a little while ago about her skin tight pants, "That look like a cat has sharpened its claws on it, exposing her cheeks, and boy, does she have a nice pair of cheeks!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Chopping Mall, a.k.a. Killbots, where teenagers sneak into a mattress store in a mall to make out and are killed by malfunctioning robot security guards. Awful. After about a dozen party-viewings, I gave this tape away. Now I miss it. The cover featured the immortal tagline "From the director of Big Bad Mama 2". Just the fact that the teenagers sneak into a mattress store to make out slays me every time.

The Lift: badly dubbed European horror film about a killer elevator. Really. Tagline: Take the stairs! Take the stairs! For God's sake, take the stairs!

Cat Women of the Moon, yeah, I'll totally second that one. Rhino released a 3-D VHS tape of it about ten years ago, and that's the way to see it.

Jaws 3-D. Who thought that was a good idea? The severed arm floating towards you is, I think, one of the greatest moments in the history of cinema; when you see it floating there, you just know that it's going to float out of the screen at you, and it does...but it takes so long to do it that by the time it gets turned around and starts its march towards you, there's nothing that could possibly be funnier.

Cool As Ice: yeah, it has Vanilla Ice in it as the head of a biker gang. Yeah, he says "Yo, Kat, drop that zero and get with the hero." Yeah, he jumps his bike over a fence to catch up with the girl riding a horse. But it's worse -- when the FBI's witness protection program enters into the plot, the whole thing descends into nonsense. Future Oscar-winning cinematographer (for Schindler's List) Janusz Kaminski shot this film. Poor guy.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
By the way, has anyone here seen Kazaam, the movie with Shaq as a rapping genie? I was given a copy on LaserDisc (it sits proudly on the shelf beside the LD of Cool As Ice), but I haven't been able to work up the nerve to watch it.

Robert James Clark

Second Unit
Oh, Kazaam was terrible, indeed. But Steel was far, far worse. Pretty much ended Shaq's delusions of being a movie star.

But he probably blames that on Kobe too... ;)

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

Bad as that was, NOTHING Shaq related was as bad as EA's "Shaq-Fu". It's widely cited as one of the worst video games of all time, certainly the worst celebrity-endorsed one.

Shaq wanted to be the next Bo Jackson (Bo knows...), this all ended that. From what I've heard, though, "Blue Chips" is actually pretty good.

seanJ

Agent
"Hawk The Slayer" (1980) is hilarious.
As mentioned ealier many of the `50`s cheapo sci/fi horror flicks are so bad they`re funny, my favourite is "Killer Shrews".

Regards

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
I don't think anyone has mentioned this flick yet:

BLOOD DINER

"First they greet you and then they eat you"

It was released unrated and we had to buy tickets for House 2 and sneak in to see it. The trailer looked bad ass but the flick was atrocious!

--Ian

StephenA

Screenwriter
I thought of another one: Meet the Applegates. It's so stupid because it's about a family of giant praying mantises mascarading as a human family with a giant cockroach or something as the family dog. The daughter even gets pregnant by a human, and when the egg is born and gets mushed is one of the funniest stupid scenes I've ever seen.

DavidBC

Second Unit
The Avengers (1998), anyone? Just because there are credits at the start, credits at the end, and 85 minutes in between does not make it a movie!

My favorite scene: Good Uma Thurman is battling Evil Uma Thurman who is wearing a teddy bear costume (and who's very existence is never really accounted for) in a sky-scraper. Ralph Fiennes shows up in the nick of time, and Evil Uma Thurman leaps off the building. There's a thoughtful pause.
Ralph: "For a minute there, I thought I was seeing double."
Good Uma: "That makes two of us."

My friends and I affectionately call it Citizen Krap.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Not even sure if this applies, but the thread title was close.. how about supposedly comic movies that suck except for maybe 1 or 2 good jokes. I was thinking about this yesterday after I watched "Sex Drive". The movie is pretty terrible. But there are about 2 or 3 moments that did make me laugh.

There are tons of films lately that seem to be based around the idea they have one good joke and the rest sucks.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just reread this thread and I discovered that i'm in it way too much lol.

The Happening is another one, when that one guy was on that riding mower my first thought was "Uh oh, that is some pissed off grass!"

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor

One of my favorite MST3K episodes! I loved it for two reasons:

1. It made fun of Canada in a good way

2. It featured "Pipper" who is Ron Anderson...an actor I know from Regina, SK.

I did not know he was in this movie and as I am watching I thought, "Damn...that guy looks familiar!" When I realized it was Ron, I just about died! I managed to burn a copy for Ron. He had no idea that it had been on MST3K (heck...he never head of the show) but he was tickled pink when he saw it. Great stuff!

Oh...and my vote for so-horrible-its-funny movies:

Satan's Storybook - if you can find it GET IT. Just a horrible movie! People bump into the camera etc. Horrible! :D

Edit: Hmmm...strange. On IMDb's website, if you do a search for Satan's Storybook, it does not find it. However, if you do a search on Google, it DOES find it on IMDb. That is weird. And now I have wasted WAAAY too much time talking about that movie! :laugh:

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor

What!? :eek:

That is one of greatest one-liner shows ever! The whole thing is gloriously quoteable! It is like a whoel series of one-liners tied together with explosions and gun-fire.
I would say it is tied with "Road House" for being the best stupid-fun movie ever!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Edit: Hmmm...then again, looking at the title of this thread, you may be saying the same thing! Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks