What's new

Bad Experience at Little Rock Chenal 9 iMax (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Last Sunday we went to the first showing of MIB 3D iMax. We're waiting in line for 5 minutes because they only have one BO window open. When we get to the window, we learn that it won't be in 3D because a bulb burnt out a "couple of days ago."
I'm ticked off. If they're not showing it in 3D why are they showing it that way in Flixster and Fandango? Whey is there animated board in the BO itself showing 3D. Why couldn't they put a sign on the BO indicating such, so I could save 5 minutes of my life?
I just checked Flixster and it still shows 3D even though I learned they still don't have the bulb.
When I got home that Sunday, I went to their corporate sight and posted a complaint. The local manager replied saying the bulb burnt out when it was only half way through it's projected life, so they were caught without a spare. The earliest they're going to have a new one is tomorrow, Friday. They've got Prometheus down for midnight showing in 3D, something that will clearly not happen. People are going to show up for the 11:55 showing and find no 3D.
Now I know Home Depot doesn't keep bulbs like this in stock, but it doesn't sound kosher that it would take a week to get a replacement.
The manager said they're website was the only place they would guarantee the correct show times. A quick check of it still shows MIB and Prometheus being shown in 3D on the iMax screen. Clearly they feel no obligation to inform the public.
I understand parts fail, I just ask they do what they can to let me know so I can make an informed decision. Is that too much to ask?
BTW, this is LR's only iMax screen.

Rocky F

Second Unit
Interesting. A couple of guys at work tried to see the midnight showing of Prometheus there last night, and were told that the IMAX projector was not working. They ended up seeing it in 2D on a tiny screen. I don't know if this is the same issue or if something else was wrong with the projector, but they both described it as the worst movie-going experience they've ever had, and said they wouldn't be returning to that the Chenal 9. I haven't been there since Star Trek in '09, but I had planned to see The Dark Knight Rises there in IMAX. I guess it'll be the Rave's new XTreme theater instead.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I would advise your friends to go here http://www.dtmovies.com/contact.htm and post a complaint.
What really bothers me about this is that the theater knew they would not have the bulb until Friday at the earliest. Still, they continued to list a midnight showing in IMAX 3D on Flixster and their own website. This is the only IMAX screen in the state. I guess they don't mind people driving for hours and then not deliver what they promised.
BTW, I don't know if they've got the bulb, even today. Why they couldn't show the movie in 2D in IMAX, I don't know.
BTW, what is the Xtreme Theater?

Rocky F

Second Unit
I haven't checked it out myself, but it's Rave's premium theater. Here's a link to their site: http://www.ravemotionpictures.com/xtreme_locations.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks