1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Backyard party

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MichaelBarletta, May 26, 2004.

1. MichaelBarletta

MichaelBarletta Active Member

I had my first backyard party for my sons 3rd birthday last weekend. It was awesome as everyone was blown away by the H/T. I played all music DVD's like Fleetwood Mack, Rod Stewart and Grease. Nobody expected to see DVD to go along with the "soundtrack"! The only problem was that I had no outdoor speakers, but it sounded awesone none the less. I have been shopping for two all weather speakers to mount on the house. With two rocks in the gardens for the "surround" and a switch box at a later date. What I came up with was the Sonance Mariner 200 @ $390 per pair. http://www.sonance.com/subs/products..._two_cat_name= I thought I might want a hard dome tweeter for the outdoors but wanted some feedback as I have never heard any outdoor H/T speakers in a "real world" situation. Thanks, Mike.

2. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Well-Known Member

I personally really like the Klipsch outdoor speakers. They have very good bass and very good treble. I haven't tested them for such things like durability over the years but from what I understand they should last a long time. Regardless the sound is very nice. I've never been toooo fond of the rock speakers, even though they look nice when there is a garden or something, there sound is not so impressive as the looks.

3. JoeHard

JoeHard Well-Known Member

Michael,
    I've had good luck with Boston outdoor speakers. I've had the same pair on my deck for 10 years, although I did replace both drivers before I put them up this summer.