What's new

Back To You (1 Viewer)

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
i believe he is referring to Roseanne, the actress who played Becky left the show and I believe the new one is pretty much disliked by the fans

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Besides Fred Willard, The older Gracie was the reason I watched this show.
She was a terrific little actress. and thought she was the best thing about the show.

I'm glad they got rid of Montana, I actually thought she was annoying and unimportant.

But with old Gracie in and new boring Gracie in, I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to watch this show

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Yeah, ironically, the reviled 'new Becky' of the 90s is now the lovely and loved Sarah Chalke of Scrubs and How I Met Your Mother of the 00s.

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
but we have seen the old Gracie, and for a kid actor, I thought she was pretty solid for how this show wants to play the situation. Even in one scene, this kid just didnt seem to have much. But no doubt, she deserves more of a chance than a couple of lines

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Exactly. It's the conceptualization of the character. I will give the show a couple more watches, but the old Gracie was part of what helped rise the show above a typical sitcom.
I don't think anybody's trashing the new Gracie, we're lamenting the loss of the old one.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Hug & Tell
A very bland episode.
One of the unfunniest ones so far.

and I'm really missing Laura Marano(old Gracie)
This new Gracie still isn't warming up to me.

They are giving her some very easy and boring dialogue too
(and I know she's only had a few scenes)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The New Boss

This episode was very unfunny.
and for some strange reason when Back to You came back from the strike
they had Montanna absent. Then when she came back to be fired from the station AND in real life, she came back like she was never gone.(time off, vacation)

Strange.

and I'm STILL not feeling this new Gracie.
Last week she had big scenes.

We have three more episodes.
Which I'm going to finish out.
If I'm not happy with them and there's a season 2
I won't be back for season 2

Chuck and Kelly, Doin' it Again (May 14th)
Date Night (TBA)
House of Tomorrow (TBA)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I forget to watch this show, so I've seen it on and off, mostly missed a lot of it. I did see last night, and it was a similar situation to Fraiser at the radio station. Someone getting fired and trying to stand up to the female station manager.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just heard on the radio that Kelsey Grammer had a mild heart attack this past weekend in Hawaii. He is supposedly doing ok.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It now looks likely that James Burrows was behind the recasting of Gracie. When he signed on to the new Jay Mohr comedy "Gary Unmarried", Laura Marano (the original Gracie, set to play Mohr's daughter in the new series) was fired.

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
geez, that girl is in a slump. Not that firing the original Gracie was a difference in the show being cancelled, but to me it seemed like every scene with the character was just off and not very well played out. Im sure Burrows will just replace her with some cookie cutter actress and that show will go on to amazing success

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
At least he did it BEFORE the show started this time. "Gary Unmarried" doesn't look all the spectacular anyway, but I hope her talent finds an appropriate venue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks