What's new

Back to the Future Trilogy (Now Announced) Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I saw that the flyer is a fake, but that BTTF is coming to blu ray in 2010.

Day 1 purchase for me.

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
I just hope the "totally remastered and restored" part is true, but it sounds like part of the joke. It would be a shame if Universal just refashioned these from old masters again.

Britton

Screenwriter
I also hope they fixed some of the distorted sound that cropped up in Part II on some of the English 5.1 tracks.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm all over this!

I have just one message to Universal...make sure the dude doing the framing is awake and has plenty of coffee and Red Bull to drink, we don't need him falling asleep at the wheel with the framing like last time lol.

I waited over four years to pick that set up because I refused to buy defective product and send those two discs in to get replaced with good ones.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
If you knew that a corrected replacement was available by mail, why didn't you just buy the set? You'd have to have waited a few days, maybe weeks, for the replacement, but that's a lot less than the four years you ended up waiting anyway.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Originally Posted by Dale MA

New masters have apparently been struck especially for the BD release.
Agreed. Can't wait.

http://www.cinemablend.com/dvdnews/Plans-For-Back-To-The-Future-On-Blu-ray-10105.html

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Recently at another web site (which I can't recall off the top of my head), the observation was made that if Back to the Future was made today, Marty would travel back to 1980. (Sheesh, that makes me feel old.)

- Walter.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Recently at another web site (which I can't recall off the top of my head), the observation was made that if Back to the Future was made today, Marty would travel back to 1980.
Not that I would ever think BTTF needs a remake. But, I think it might be interesting to see a today take on the movie where it's 1980 that Marty goes back to.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Personally I wouldn't really find that interesting mainly because I remember 1980.

One of the things about time travel films that I always found most appealing was when they take me back, or ahead, to times and eras that I'm not personally familiar with and haven't witnessed first hand.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
That's interesting. I think a lot of people enjoy movies like Back to the Future because of a kind of nostalgia for the era depicted; they do remember it, and enjoy having a good laugh about how silly many elements of the culture of the time seem in retrospect. I wasn't born in 1955 (or 1980, for that matter) and enjoy the movie anyway, but I get the impression that a lot of people enjoy it precisely because they do remember the era depicted.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Originally Posted by Walter Kittel ">[/url]

Recently at another web site (which I can't recall off the top of my head), the observation was made that if Back to the Future was made today, Marty would travel back to 1980. (Sheesh, that makes me feel old.)
[/QUOTE]Reminds me of the time I showed the film to the young son & daughter of a friend a few years back, and in the film when the diner owner asks if Marty "jumped ship" because of the "life preserver" he was wearing, the little boy turned to me and said "Why [i]IS[/i] he wearing a life preserver?"

And who remembers what the heck "Pepsi Free" is anymore.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam

I updated the title of the thread to say now announced from not announced. Here is a new trailer for the upcoming 25th Anniversary release:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Part II was on Nick last night. It got two stars on the DVR guide, which seems common. Was the film really a step down from the others, or was it just too complicated? I remember reviewers and viewers complaining that it was hard to follow the timelines and understand the changes, but it always seemed pretty straightforward to me. May be my comic reading past. I enjoyed it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I love part II, while it did lack the heart of the first one it had lots of other things going for it, it was just a fun movie that played with time in inventive ways. The series returned wonderfully to warm-hearted form with the third one.

Also, it introduced us to Power Lace Nike's and the Hoverboard which I'm still waiting to become a reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks