What's new

Back to the Future Part 3 - framing on 2009 DVD (1 Viewer)

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
The individual DVDs for BTTF Parts 2 and 3, released back in February, supposedly correct the huge framing issues from the Trilogy boxset. Old examples of Part 2's misframing seem abundant, but I can find nothing for Part 3.

Could someone please point out what scenes to look for, as I compare the new Part 3 to my Trilogy set? Thanks!

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I don't recall specifically what was wrong, but I do recall that the Trilogy set was subsequently reissued with fixed discs once the initial print run went out. Also, for those stuck with the first prints, replacement discs were offered. Unless you know for a fact that you held on to a bad set, there may not be any difference.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
I know I have a bad set, because I never did the disc exchange and have compared screengrabs from Part 2 to confirm the misframes. Now I only need something similar for Part 3...
Thanks though.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
The only thing I could find regarding part 3 was this very old post...

Chris, there are shots in Part 3 (not shown on the above site) that are framed too high as well. Like Marty coming out of the drive-in bathroom in his new 'western' outfit - his sneaker-clad feet (part of the joke) are now cropped entirely out of frame. Still, this is all 'livable' as you put it. It's the other problems that get my goat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks