What's new

BACK TO THE FUTURE DVD: Corrected Versions In Stores, FAQ & Summary (2 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Reviving this thread with a question:

I bought the BTTF box set upon the original release. I still have my incorrectly formatted discs of BTTF 2 and 3 as I was waiting for the dust to settle. Maybe I waited too long?

Just curious if the exchange program is still around and working. I found a BTTF site with a number for Universal to call, 1-888-703-0010. Appreciate any insights! Thanks.

Nelson

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, I'm wondering too. I have originals and would finally like to send 2 and 3 back for the correct versions.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Southpaw- I called the number: 1-888-703-0010 and spoke to the operator there.

They are still doing the DVD exchange program! An envelope is on it's way to me to send my discs for part 2 and 3 back for exchange. I asked how long this will take to get the new discs and she said for all other inquiries, email this address: [email protected]

She was very nice and just said they have no further information.

Nelson

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thought I'd chime in one last time, I got my envelope and sent the discs in and got them back today, 12 days later. Not bad and they came in shrinkwrapped jewel CD cases for each movie! Nicer effort to protect them then Warner did for the Superman discs.

Thanks again Universal! I better see if they play....

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I had completely forgotten about this when the movie set first came out. I will try to call the number soon. Thanks for reviving this thread.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I've just got around to calling Universal about this. Are they still offering the exchange program for the "Back to the Future" sequels? I can't seem to get through.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I tried the e-mail address Nelson posted in post #64, and got my e-mail returned automatically. After several attempts, I still can't get through the phone number that was provided, so I guess Universal is no longer offering to replace these. :frowning:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Good luck you guys! I was surprised I got through when I did earlier this year. It would be a real shame if they stopped doing the exchanges.

I still have to watch my discs to see if they are okay!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi Travis-

I was referring to actually watching the replacement discs I recently received to be sure they play! BTTF 2 does have the V2, BTTF 3 does not. I am assuming they sent me the right ones!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
if you cant get the replacement from Uni just rebuy the set. it's super cheap these days.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Universal is still offering to exchange Discs 2 & 3 and they'll be sending the postage paid envelope for the corrected discs. I don't know if there's anyone left that haven't got the corrected versions, but you can you use the e-mail address below to request they send them to you.

[email protected]

LCD22

Screenwriter
I received the replacements in the mail, and like Nelson, Disc 2 has the "V2" mark while Disc 3 doesn't. Just want to give everyone an update.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
Thanks for bumping this thread when you did, Chris. I finally took the time to send away for the replacement discs after over four years of owning the DVDs. Two weeks after I sent my old discs away, the new ones arrived in shrinkwrapped CD cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks